Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Valdek
01-14-2000, 04:28 PM
This is getting on my nerves. First of all, my dealer in Denver expects the new M3 to be $5-6K more than the e36 M3. Second, he says that all of the first M3's that will come out will be all fully loaded which means that you can forget about the base model. This means that the price will hit $50K and higher. How do I know this? Well the base model in Germany will retail for DM140-150K, which is USD60-63K, I know this from the Eurosport channel auto show program (my fellow Euros know what I am talking about). Now I know that the M3's in Europe are already a lot more than the ones in the US, but it is also because they are different and we all know that they kick the Yankee M3s' butts. Third, the earliest that you will see one delivered will be late September/October 2000. <br>I am telling you, by the time you will drive this puppy off the lot, you will pay approximately USD55,000.<br>I think I am going to get the Audi S4. I love the M3, I like it better then the Audi, but common the S4's performance (and for those who drove it know that it is comparable to that of an M3), current availability, and price (fully loaded USD42,680) is mighty tempting. <br>What do you guys think?<p>

Bruce
01-14-2000, 04:37 PM
<i>: This is getting on my nerves. First of all, my dealer in Denver expects the new M3 to be $5-6K more than the e36 M3.</i><p>For 100 extra ponies you think that is a lot more?<p><i>:Second, he says that all of the first M3's that will come out will be all fully loaded which means that you can forget about the base model.</i><p>Not true. All customer cars will be speced out to that customers wants UNLESS the dealer is trying to add to his profit.<p><i>: This means that the price will hit $50K and higher. </i><p>A loaded E46 M3? yes.<p><i>: How do I know this? Well the base model in Germany will retail for DM140-150K, which is USD60-63K, I know this from the Eurosport channel auto show program (my fellow Euros know what I am talking about). </i><p>You cannot compare German and US prices even on the same spec car (look at the M5).<p><i>:Now I know that the M3's in Europe are already a lot more than the ones in the US, but it is also because they are different and we all know that they kick the Yankee M3s' butts. </i><p>The E46 M3 will be one spec for the entire world. (340hp) <p><i>: Third, the earliest that you will see one delivered will be late September/October 2000.</i><p>your point?<p><i>: I am telling you, by the time you will drive this puppy off the lot, you will pay approximately USD55,000.</i><p>car +TT&L? yes.<p><i>: I think I am going to get the Audi S4. I love the M3, I like it better then the Audi, but common the S4's performance (and for those who drove it know that it is comparable to that of an M3), current availability, and price (fully loaded USD42,680) is mighty tempting.</i><p>"common"? do you mean "come on"? Your choice, the E46 M3 will have 340hp, while the S4 will still be at 250.<p><i>: What do you guys think?</i><p>no brainer, E46 M3...unless you are impatient, which it sounds like you are

myfirstcarwillbeam3
01-14-2000, 05:57 PM
<i>: : This is getting on my nerves. First of all, my dealer in Denver expects the new M3 to be $5-6K more than the e36 M3.<p>: For 100 extra ponies you think that is a lot more?<p>: :Second, he says that all of the first M3's that will come out will be all fully loaded which means that you can forget about the base model.<p>: Not true. All customer cars will be speced out to that customers wants UNLESS the dealer is trying to add to his profit.<p>: : This means that the price will hit $50K and higher. <p>: A loaded E46 M3? yes.<p>: : How do I know this? Well the base model in Germany will retail for DM140-150K, which is USD60-63K, I know this from the Eurosport channel auto show program (my fellow Euros know what I am talking about). <p>: You cannot compare German and US prices even on the same spec car (look at the M5).<p>: :Now I know that the M3's in Europe are already a lot more than the ones in the US, but it is also because they are different and we all know that they kick the Yankee M3s' butts. <p>: The E46 M3 will be one spec for the entire world. (340hp) <p>: : Third, the earliest that you will see one delivered will be late September/October 2000.<p>: your point?<p>: : I am telling you, by the time you will drive this puppy off the lot, you will pay approximately USD55,000.<p>: car +TT&L? yes.<p>: : I think I am going to get the Audi S4. I love the M3, I like it better then the Audi, but common the S4's performance (and for those who drove it know that it is comparable to that of an M3), current availability, and price (fully loaded USD42,680) is mighty tempting.<p>: "common"? do you mean "come on"? Your choice, the E46 M3 will have 340hp, while the S4 will still be at 250.<p>: : What do you guys think?<p>: no brainer, E46 M3...unless you are impatient, which it sounds like you are<p></i>

Boogie
01-14-2000, 08:15 PM
<i> I have to say that for the price of the S4 you really will be pressed to find better performance.<br>Yeah the new M3 will have 350hp, but for 53K there's a price for that. Look at the specs for the S4, it will always have better cornering (because of quattro) and the price is great! <br>I too personally love the new M3 and would prefer the two door coupe design, but with that sticker it gets tough.

what can I say?
01-14-2000, 11:39 PM
<i>: This is getting on my nerves. First of all, my dealer in Denver expects the new M3 to be $5-6K more than the e36 M3. Second, he says that all of the first M3's that will come out will be all fully loaded which means that you can forget about the base model. This means that the price will hit $50K and higher. How do I know this? Well the base model in Germany will retail for DM140-150K, which is USD60-63K, I know this from the Eurosport channel auto show program (my fellow Euros know what I am talking about). Now I know that the M3's in Europe are already a lot more than the ones in the US, but it is also because they are different and we all know that they kick the Yankee M3s' butts. Third, the earliest that you will see one delivered will be late September/October 2000. <br>: I am telling you, by the time you will drive this puppy off the lot, you will pay approximately USD55,000.<br>: I think I am going to get the Audi S4. I love the M3, I like it better then the Audi, but common the S4's performance (and for those who drove it know that it is comparable to that of an M3), current availability, and price (fully loaded USD42,680) is mighty tempting. <br>: What do you guys think?<p></i>

PeteS
01-15-2000, 01:43 AM

nope
01-15-2000, 11:10 AM
<i>: .<p></i>

Makalu
01-16-2000, 11:46 PM
<i>: : : This is getting on my nerves. First of all, my dealer in Denver expects the new M3 to be $5-6K more than the e36 M3.<p>: : For 100 extra ponies you think that is a lot more?<p>: : :Second, he says that all of the first M3's that will come out will be all fully loaded which means that you can forget about the base model.<p>: : Not true. All customer cars will be speced out to that customers wants UNLESS the dealer is trying to add to his profit.<p>: : : This means that the price will hit $50K and higher. <p>: : A loaded E46 M3? yes.<p>: : : How do I know this? Well the base model in Germany will retail for DM140-150K, which is USD60-63K, I know this from the Eurosport channel auto show program (my fellow Euros know what I am talking about). <p>: : You cannot compare German and US prices even on the same spec car (look at the M5).<p>: : :Now I know that the M3's in Europe are already a lot more than the ones in the US, but it is also because they are different and we all know that they kick the Yankee M3s' butts. <p>: : The E46 M3 will be one spec for the entire world. (340hp) <p>: : : Third, the earliest that you will see one delivered will be late September/October 2000.<p>: : your point?<p>: : : I am telling you, by the time you will drive this puppy off the lot, you will pay approximately USD55,000.<p>: : car +TT&L? yes.<p>: : : I think I am going to get the Audi S4. I love the M3, I like it better then the Audi, but common the S4's performance (and for those who drove it know that it is comparable to that of an M3), current availability, and price (fully loaded USD42,680) is mighty tempting.<p>: : "common"? do you mean "come on"? Your choice, the E46 M3 will have 340hp, while the S4 will still be at 250.<p>: : : What do you guys think?<p>: : no brainer, E46 M3...unless you are impatient, which it sounds like you are<p></i>

Kenshiro
01-17-2000, 06:17 PM
<i>Specs seem to indicate that the weight of the '01 M3 is the reason they upped the HP, along with the fact that they didn't want there to be too big a leap to the M5's 400+.<p>Last I heard, BMW was actually having problems getting the M3 to run as well as the E36 because of weight problems.<br></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index