Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Torch
01-29-2000, 10:43 AM
<i><br></i>The clock is on. BMW will be publishing the initial specs on the new M3 within 70 days. Can't wait, all the speculation will be gone and we'll start talking about data. <p>The majority of the conversation will center around seeing the beast live. <p>Back awhile ago I posted some incorrect data. I said that torque would be over 300. Sorry, the number will be in the 275 range. As tested right now by BMW themselves, car performs 0-62 in 4.9. They won't post a 4.9 number. They will be conservative and come out with 5.1-5.3. Car and driver will take this to 4.6-4.8.<p>Colors will include Dakar Yellow and not include the funky violet. Delivery in the US will start in October 00. Allocation will be appx 2/month for high volume dealers and more sporatic for the lower volume guys.<p>My dealer in Mass. already has 26 people on the list. I'm number 3 and can't wait.<p>Let the good times roll.<p>

marc b
01-29-2000, 02:45 PM
A 4.9sec 0-62.6 (100kph) time is roughly equivalent to 4.6-4.7sec 0-60mph time. The crossover between the two is not negligible. If BMW tests the M3 at 4.9 0-62 and C&D tests at 4.7, the two numbers can be considered the same<p>besides, I'm more concerned about the skidpad and slalom numbers. Considering accoring to BMW the E46 chassis is 50-100% stiffer than the E36, add that to the M3 suspension (a safe bet to say will be awesome), and I think it will be a shocker<p>(also considering tire size, which may be significantly larger than the E36, judging by the photos)<p>I would say the E46 M3 will test at ~0.95+ on the skidpad (E36 had 0.91-0.92) and slalom at 66-67mph (basically the same specs as the Ferrari Modena, INCLUDING thanks to ///Mpower, the same acceleration)<p>Fingers crossed waiting, but boy am I glad I'm #6 on the list<br>-marc

Paul E
01-31-2000, 01:24 PM
<i>: <br>: The clock is on. BMW will be publishing the initial specs on the new M3 within 70 days. Can't wait, all the speculation will be gone and we'll start talking about data. <p>: The majority of the conversation will center around seeing the beast live. <p>: Back awhile ago I posted some incorrect data. I said that torque would be over 300. Sorry, the number will be in the 275 range. As tested right now by BMW themselves, car performs 0-62 in 4.9. They won't post a 4.9 number. They will be conservative and come out with 5.1-5.3. Car and driver will take this to 4.6-4.8.<p>: Colors will include Dakar Yellow and not include the funky violet. Delivery in the US will start in October 00. Allocation will be appx 2/month for high volume dealers and more sporatic for the lower volume guys.<p>: My dealer in Mass. already has 26 people on the list. I'm number 3 and can't wait.<p>: Let the good times roll.<p>: <p></i> My Dinan stage II Supercharged '99 is rated at 4.7 sec 0-60. This car is rated at 354 hp and 310 ft lbs, both higher than the E46, and it weighs less....So how can you expect the E46 to turn numbers equal to this??

KJK
01-31-2000, 05:56 PM
<i>: : <br>: : The clock is on. BMW will be publishing the initial specs on the new M3 within 70 days. Can't wait, all the speculation will be gone and we'll start talking about data. <p>: : The majority of the conversation will center around seeing the beast live. <p>: : Back awhile ago I posted some incorrect data. I said that torque would be over 300. Sorry, the number will be in the 275 range. As tested right now by BMW themselves, car performs 0-62 in 4.9. They won't post a 4.9 number. They will be conservative and come out with 5.1-5.3. Car and driver will take this to 4.6-4.8.<p>: : Colors will include Dakar Yellow and not include the funky violet. Delivery in the US will start in October 00. Allocation will be appx 2/month for high volume dealers and more sporatic for the lower volume guys.<p>: : My dealer in Mass. already has 26 people on the list. I'm number 3 and can't wait.<p>: : Let the good times roll.<p>: : <p>: My Dinan stage II Supercharged '99 is rated at 4.7 sec 0-60. This car is rated at 354 hp and 310 ft lbs, both higher than the E46, and it weighs less....So how can you expect the E46 to turn numbers equal to this??<p></i>I am not an engineer but I have seen a dyno of the new M5 and if the M3's torque curve is like that--more like a horizontal line--it probably is realistic. Yes, I do understand it is not a V8 and will be bit different.<p>

Makalu
02-01-2000, 12:24 PM
<i>: <br>: The clock is on. BMW will be publishing the initial specs on the new M3 within 70 days. Can't wait, all the speculation will be gone and we'll start talking about data. <p>: The majority of the conversation will center around seeing the beast live. <p>: Back awhile ago I posted some incorrect data. I said that torque would be over 300. Sorry, the number will be in the 275 range. As tested right now by BMW themselves, car performs 0-62 in 4.9. They won't post a 4.9 number. They will be conservative and come out with 5.1-5.3. Car and driver will take this to 4.6-4.8.<p>: Colors will include Dakar Yellow and not include the funky violet. Delivery in the US will start in October 00. Allocation will be appx 2/month for high volume dealers and more sporatic for the lower volume guys.<p>: My dealer in Mass. already has 26 people on the list. I'm number 3 and can't wait.<p>: Let the good times roll.<p>: <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index