Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Evan...(more)
02-01-2000, 02:23 AM
Does this then confirm Sort of what BMW told me a long time ago, that we (USA) will get the old Euro 3.2l at 321hp and that Europe will get a slightly different engine with more hp. The reason being (that BMW gave me) was that from a legal issue BMW's Lawyers did not feel comfortable giving us 340hp from 240hp, sort of like the M5 not getting the same brakes. I know I have also heard that it WILL be a "World" engine but this now makes a little more sense then before. Just thought I would throw this out and see what comes back.

Bruce
02-01-2000, 08:26 AM
<i>: Does this then confirm Sort of what BMW told me a long time ago, that we (USA) will get the old Euro 3.2l at 321hp and that Europe will get a slightly different engine with more hp. The reason being (that BMW gave me) was that from a legal issue BMW's Lawyers did not feel comfortable giving us 340hp from 240hp, sort of like the M5 not getting the same brakes. I know I have also heard that it WILL be a "World" engine but this now makes a little more sense then before. Just thought I would throw this out and see what comes back.</i><p>I don't see BMW making 2 engines that differ by 20hp. We will get the same engine as the ROW. I don't buy your lawyer arguement since 1) the M5 has 400hp (up from 282 of the 540) and there are many other cars in the US with over 300hp, 2) M5 brakes are not over here due to BMW feeling US customers were too cheap to change the rotors on a regular basis.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index