Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Andre
02-07-2000, 09:43 AM
I am tired of waiting for new m3, considering have a 99. Going to modify and wait for two years to get the next gen m3. anyone with recommendations on clear turn lights, xenon lights, and other nice add ons you guys have come across?

Paul E
02-07-2000, 11:35 AM
<i>: I am tired of waiting for new m3, considering have a 99. Going to modify and wait for two years to get the next gen m3. anyone with recommendations on clear turn lights, xenon lights, and other nice add ons you guys have come across?<p></i>Do to your '99 what I did to mine...Make it 'E46 proof'. There's only one way to do that...Get a good supercharger or turbocharger kit installed...You'll have a faster, sportier, and lighter car than any E46 will be, and there will be very few cars on the road that can run with you...And, the best part is that you've got a great M3 underneath it all, but with supercar performance....Hard to go wrong...And if you go supercharger, and you get a Vortech instead of a Powerdyne, then your supercharger will be as bulletproof as is your engine...Just my $.02.

who me?
02-07-2000, 02:15 PM
<br>You might want to do the usual... Chip, intake, exhaust, Dinan stage 3 :) Lowering springs, body<br>kits, all adds a nice touch to the car. <p>For the clear corners and etc you can check out NOPI's website. They do phone orders and have competitive prices. If you live in California ther are plenty of performance shops for you to get a bargain from. <p>There this site that has some pictures of modified BMWs. You can probably email the author to get an idea of what he has done to the car<p>http://members.aol.com/princebmw/index.html<p><i>: I am tired of waiting for new m3, considering have a 99. Going to modify and wait for two years to get the next gen m3. anyone with recommendations on clear turn lights, xenon lights, and other nice add ons you guys have come across?<p></i>

SMcD
02-07-2000, 03:31 PM
<i>: I am tired of waiting for new m3, considering have a 99. Going to modify and wait for two years to get the next gen m3. anyone with recommendations on clear turn lights, xenon lights, and other nice add ons you guys have come across?<br></i><br>After market xenon lights are now illegal to install in MA, perhaps in all of U.S.<p>Too many people were (still are) getting blinded by badly levelled xenons...<p>- Sean<br>99 M3/2<br>

Mark
02-07-2000, 05:24 PM
The cops aren't smart enough to be able to tell if they are aftermarket or not. That will be hard to prove.<br> <br><i>: : I am tired of waiting for new m3, considering have a 99. Going to modify and wait for two years to get the next gen m3. anyone with recommendations on clear turn lights, xenon lights, and other nice add ons you guys have come across?<br>: <br>: After market xenon lights are now illegal to install in MA, perhaps in all of U.S.<p>: Too many people were (still are) getting blinded by badly levelled xenons...<p>: - Sean<br>: 99 M3/2<p></i>

SMcD
02-07-2000, 10:37 PM
<br>unless they're the ones you blind :)<p><i>: The cops aren't smart enough to be able to tell if they are aftermarket or not. That will be hard to prove.<br>: <br>: : : I am tired of waiting for new m3, considering have a 99. Going to modify and wait for two years to get the next gen m3. anyone with recommendations on clear turn lights, xenon lights, and other nice add ons you guys have come across?<br>: : <br>: : After market xenon lights are now illegal to install in MA, perhaps in all of U.S.<p>: : Too many people were (still are) getting blinded by badly levelled xenons...<p>: : - Sean<br>: : 99 M3/2<p></i>

Drex
02-09-2000, 01:27 AM
many cops are car enthusists as well. And all they do is drive up and down the roads. If you can spot an HID xenon, you can bet that someone whose job is to look out for these things will surely be able to see them.

Michael Lomker
02-09-2000, 03:34 PM
<i>: After market xenon lights are now illegal to install in MA, perhaps in all of U.S.<p>: Too many people were (still are) getting blinded by badly levelled xenons...<p><br>Aftermarket conversion kits have always been illegal in all 50 states.<p>There's a good FAQ at:<p>www.xenonlights.com<p><br></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index