Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Fatta
04-09-2000, 08:23 PM
I just joined BMW CCA a couple of months ago and received my first Roundel last week. Up till this time, I'd heard about all the great pictures, the latest news, etc. In actuality, the Roundel looks like a home-made, crudely put together magazine that's almost as informative as a Penny-Saver! Am I the only one that feels we deserve a better quality journal?

Henry
04-09-2000, 10:46 PM
<i>: I just joined BMW CCA a couple of months ago and received my first Roundel last week. Up till this time, I'd heard about all the great pictures, the latest news, etc. In actuality, the Roundel looks like a home-made, crudely put together magazine that's almost as informative as a Penny-Saver! Am I the only one that feels we deserve a better quality journal?<p></i><p><br>It's a publication for grass-root BMW enthusiasts and I like its non-biased opinion a lot. To a point sometimes it even bashes BMW. Now when's the last time you read anything negative about any car in Car & Driver.

CarDriver.Evan...(nt)
04-10-2000, 02:24 AM
<i>: : I just joined BMW CCA a couple of months ago and received my first Roundel last week. Up till this time, I'd heard about all the great pictures, the latest news, etc. In actuality, the Roundel looks like a home-made, crudely put together magazine that's almost as informative as a Penny-Saver! Am I the only one that feels we deserve a better quality journal?<p><br>: <br>: It's a publication for grass-root BMW enthusiasts and I like its non-biased opinion a lot. To a point sometimes it even bashes BMW. Now when's the last time you read anything negative about any car in Car & Driver. <p><br></i>

(nt)
04-10-2000, 03:10 AM
<i>: : : I just joined BMW CCA a couple of months ago and received my first Roundel last week. Up till this time, I'd heard about all the great pictures, the latest news, etc. In actuality, the Roundel looks like a home-made, crudely put together magazine that's almost as informative as a Penny-Saver! Am I the only one that feels we deserve a better quality journal?<p>: <br>: : <br>: : It's a publication for grass-root BMW enthusiasts and I like its non-biased opinion a lot. To a point sometimes it even bashes BMW. Now when's the last time you read anything negative about any car in Car & Driver. <p><br></i>

FLIP
04-10-2000, 09:02 AM
<br>Since joining the BMW CCA about 5 months ago, I've come to look forward to the Roundel every bit as much as Car and Driver (and by the way, you asked when was the last time I read something negative about a car in one of their issues? Try EVERY one. They're not afraid to tell you how it is. If you want a sugercoating magazine(s), try Road and Track (gag) and Motor Trend). The Roundel has superb writing and their feature stories are much longer than in a traditional mag like CD. AND, there is so much more content. I could spend 3 hours pouring over the classifieds alone. If you have a problem with the Roundel already, maybe you shouldn't question the magazine as the problem but yourself not being enough of an enthusiast.<p>P.S. You're not that guy that sued BMW because of the BMWCCA $500 discount and ruined it for the rest of us are you? Sounds like you might be related.<p><br><i>: I just joined BMW CCA a couple of months ago and received my first Roundel last week. Up till this time, I'd heard about all the great pictures, the latest news, etc. In actuality, the Roundel looks like a home-made, crudely put together magazine that's almost as informative as a Penny-Saver! Am I the only one that feels we deserve a better quality journal?<p></i>

MarcW
04-10-2000, 09:25 AM
How/Where can I joing the BMW CCA. Is there a web page?<p>Marc<p><br><i>: I just joined BMW CCA a couple of months ago and received my first Roundel last week. Up till this time, I'd heard about all the great pictures, the latest news, etc. In actuality, the Roundel looks like a home-made, crudely put together magazine that's almost as informative as a Penny-Saver! Am I the only one that feels we deserve a better quality journal?<p></i>

ChasM3
04-10-2000, 01:07 PM
<i>: How/Where can I joing the BMW CCA. Is there a web page?<p>: Marc<p>: <br>: : I just joined BMW CCA a couple of months ago and received my first Roundel last week. Up till this time, I'd heard about all the great pictures, the latest news, etc. In actuality, the Roundel looks like a home-made, crudely put together magazine that's almost as informative as a Penny-Saver! Am I the only one that feels we deserve a better quality journal?<p></i>

Fatta
04-11-2000, 12:20 PM
Enthusiast I guess means you're willing to accept anything put on your plate. I can't blame you, because you haven't seen anything better, and you certainly don't know any better.<p>To answer your question, no I'm not the one that "Spoiled" things for you. Let me know if you need some spilled milk to cry over.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index