Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ken V.
06-07-2000, 12:11 AM
Hey Group,<p>I just came back from M Night, where I saw exclusive footage of the M3 driving around, along with Z8, and M Roadster/Coupe stuff. Interior pans, close ups, etc...<p>The M3 at the party was the "Chrome Satin" color we've been all drooling over, not that excuse for a color yellow. However, in this case, the data was final, and the color is called "Chrome Shadow", not "Satin", and GOOD NEWS FOR CANADA!!! The HP/Torque was quotes at 343 BHP, and 269 LBS/FT Torque, ONCE AGAIN, these are the FINAL specs for Canada, no pricing yet, but Chrome Shadow is expected to be a production color, and the one at the party, although breathtaking, is an advanced metallic complexe, and is just like the original show car... I'll post pictures soon...<p>So, 343 bhp it is, and 269 lbs.ft, and 0-100 in 5.2 seconds for CANADA...<p>THE INTERIOR of the car was a TWO-TONE "Mesh Silver"/Black color, with the titanium-look aluminum trim, GEORGOUS, and though I can't describe the Mesh like material used for the inlet of the doors, and seats (front, and back), it seemed VERY sporty, and looks great.<p>Finally, the car was NOT drivable, it had a rev-limit of 2,000 RPM, and was only able to be driven from the truck, into the building. Someone wanted to give it a spin, but found out soon enough that BMW is not interested in giving anyone a sneak preview for now...<p>P.S. The Z8, X5 3.0, M5, etc... were nice too, but the M3 was simply amazing, MAN, this thing looks NOTHING like my 323Ci Coupe, it looks like something from the movie Terminator, and everyone loved it.<p>If you have any questions, please ask, and the pics will come soon, Kenny.<p>2001 BMW M3 (Waiting List)<br>2000 BMW M Roadster (Estoril Blue, Estoril Blue, Dark Blue)<br>2000 BMW 323Ci (Titanium Silver/Black)

e46 323Cic
06-07-2000, 01:19 AM
??

Charlie
06-07-2000, 10:13 AM
<i>: Hey Group,<p>: I just came back from M Night, where I saw exclusive footage of the M3 driving around, along with Z8, and M Roadster/Coupe stuff. Interior pans, close ups, etc...<p>: The M3 at the party was the "Chrome Satin" color we've been all drooling over, not that excuse for a color yellow. However, in this case, the data was final, and the color is called "Chrome Shadow", not "Satin", and GOOD NEWS FOR CANADA!!! The HP/Torque was quotes at 343 BHP, and 269 LBS/FT Torque, ONCE AGAIN, these are the FINAL specs for Canada, no pricing yet, but Chrome Shadow is expected to be a production color, and the one at the party, although breathtaking, is an advanced metallic complexe, and is just like the original show car... I'll post pictures soon...<p>: So, 343 bhp it is, and 269 lbs.ft, and 0-100 in 5.2 seconds for CANADA...<p>: THE INTERIOR of the car was a TWO-TONE "Mesh Silver"/Black color, with the titanium-look aluminum trim, GEORGOUS, and though I can't describe the Mesh like material used for the inlet of the doors, and seats (front, and back), it seemed VERY sporty, and looks great.<p>: Finally, the car was NOT drivable, it had a rev-limit of 2,000 RPM, and was only able to be driven from the truck, into the building. Someone wanted to give it a spin, but found out soon enough that BMW is not interested in giving anyone a sneak preview for now...<p>: P.S. The Z8, X5 3.0, M5, etc... were nice too, but the M3 was simply amazing, MAN, this thing looks NOTHING like my 323Ci Coupe, it looks like something from the movie Terminator, and everyone loved it.<p>: If you have any questions, please ask, and the pics will come soon, Kenny.<p>: 2001 BMW M3 (Waiting List)<br>: 2000 BMW M Roadster (Estoril Blue, Estoril Blue, Dark Blue)<br>: 2000 BMW 323Ci (Titanium Silver/Black)<p><p></i>

JJ
06-07-2000, 10:31 AM
Any idea of price or possible features or options and release date in Canada?

rca
06-07-2000, 10:59 AM
<br><i>: Hey Group,<p>: I just came back from M Night, where I saw exclusive footage of the M3 driving around, along with Z8, and M Roadster/Coupe stuff. Interior pans, close ups, etc...<p>: The M3 at the party was the "Chrome Satin" color we've been all drooling over, not that excuse for a color yellow. However, in this case, the data was final, and the color is called "Chrome Shadow", not "Satin", and GOOD NEWS FOR CANADA!!! The HP/Torque was quotes at 343 BHP, and 269 LBS/FT Torque, ONCE AGAIN, these are the FINAL specs for Canada, no pricing yet, but Chrome Shadow is expected to be a production color, and the one at the party, although breathtaking, is an advanced metallic complexe, and is just like the original show car... I'll post pictures soon...<p>: So, 343 bhp it is, and 269 lbs.ft, and 0-100 in 5.2 seconds for CANADA...<p>: THE INTERIOR of the car was a TWO-TONE "Mesh Silver"/Black color, with the titanium-look aluminum trim, GEORGOUS, and though I can't describe the Mesh like material used for the inlet of the doors, and seats (front, and back), it seemed VERY sporty, and looks great.<p>: Finally, the car was NOT drivable, it had a rev-limit of 2,000 RPM, and was only able to be driven from the truck, into the building. Someone wanted to give it a spin, but found out soon enough that BMW is not interested in giving anyone a sneak preview for now...<p>: P.S. The Z8, X5 3.0, M5, etc... were nice too, but the M3 was simply amazing, MAN, this thing looks NOTHING like my 323Ci Coupe, it looks like something from the movie Terminator, and everyone loved it.<p>: If you have any questions, please ask, and the pics will come soon, Kenny.<p>: 2001 BMW M3 (Waiting List)<br>: 2000 BMW M Roadster (Estoril Blue, Estoril Blue, Dark Blue)<br>: 2000 BMW 323Ci (Titanium Silver/Black)<p></i><br>xxx

Ken V.
06-07-2000, 11:10 AM
<i>: : Hey Group,<p>: : I just came back from M Night, where I saw exclusive footage of the M3 driving around, along with Z8, and M Roadster/Coupe stuff. Interior pans, close ups, etc...<p>: : The M3 at the party was the "Chrome Satin" color we've been all drooling over, not that excuse for a color yellow. However, in this case, the data was final, and the color is called "Chrome Shadow", not "Satin", and GOOD NEWS FOR CANADA!!! The HP/Torque was quotes at 343 BHP, and 269 LBS/FT Torque, ONCE AGAIN, these are the FINAL specs for Canada, no pricing yet, but Chrome Shadow is expected to be a production color, and the one at the party, although breathtaking, is an advanced metallic complexe, and is just like the original show car... I'll post pictures soon...<p>: : So, 343 bhp it is, and 269 lbs.ft, and 0-100 in 5.2 seconds for CANADA...<p>: : THE INTERIOR of the car was a TWO-TONE "Mesh Silver"/Black color, with the titanium-look aluminum trim, GEORGOUS, and though I can't describe the Mesh like material used for the inlet of the doors, and seats (front, and back), it seemed VERY sporty, and looks great.<p>: : Finally, the car was NOT drivable, it had a rev-limit of 2,000 RPM, and was only able to be driven from the truck, into the building. Someone wanted to give it a spin, but found out soon enough that BMW is not interested in giving anyone a sneak preview for now...<p>: : P.S. The Z8, X5 3.0, M5, etc... were nice too, but the M3 was simply amazing, MAN, this thing looks NOTHING like my 323Ci Coupe, it looks like something from the movie Terminator, and everyone loved it.<p>: : If you have any questions, please ask, and the pics will come soon, Kenny.<p>: : 2001 BMW M3 (Waiting List)<br>: : 2000 BMW M Roadster (Estoril Blue, Estoril Blue, Dark Blue)<br>: : 2000 BMW 323Ci (Titanium Silver/Black)<p></i>

Ken V.
06-07-2000, 11:11 AM
<i>: ??<p></i>

Ray Koch
06-07-2000, 11:16 AM
My guess is that "Chrome Satin" was the paint used on the actual show car and "Chrome Shawdow" is the production varient. <p>Did you get the weight of the car and final drive ratio?

formal press announcement... Ken V.
06-07-2000, 11:49 AM
<i>: My guess is that "Chrome Satin" was the paint used on the actual show car and "Chrome Shawdow" is the production varient. <p>: Did you get the weight of the car and final drive ratio?<p></i>

JRB
06-07-2000, 12:30 PM
<i>: Hey Group,<p>: I just came back from M Night, where I saw exclusive footage of the M3 driving around, along with Z8, and M Roadster/Coupe stuff. Interior pans, close ups, etc...<p>: The M3 at the party was the "Chrome Satin" color we've been all drooling over, not that excuse for a color yellow. However, in this case, the data was final, and the color is called "Chrome Shadow", not "Satin", and GOOD NEWS FOR CANADA!!! The HP/Torque was quotes at 343 BHP, and 269 LBS/FT Torque, ONCE AGAIN, these are the FINAL specs for Canada, no pricing yet, but Chrome Shadow is expected to be a production color, and the one at the party, although breathtaking, is an advanced metallic complexe, and is just like the original show car... I'll post pictures soon...<p>: So, 343 bhp it is, and 269 lbs.ft, and 0-100 in 5.2 seconds for CANADA...<p>: THE INTERIOR of the car was a TWO-TONE "Mesh Silver"/Black color, with the titanium-look aluminum trim, GEORGOUS, and though I can't describe the Mesh like material used for the inlet of the doors, and seats (front, and back), it seemed VERY sporty, and looks great.<p>: Finally, the car was NOT drivable, it had a rev-limit of 2,000 RPM, and was only able to be driven from the truck, into the building. Someone wanted to give it a spin, but found out soon enough that BMW is not interested in giving anyone a sneak preview for now...<p>: P.S. The Z8, X5 3.0, M5, etc... were nice too, but the M3 was simply amazing, MAN, this thing looks NOTHING like my 323Ci Coupe, it looks like something from the movie Terminator, and everyone loved it.<p>: If you have any questions, please ask, and the pics will come soon, Kenny.<p>: 2001 BMW M3 (Waiting List)<br>: 2000 BMW M Roadster (Estoril Blue, Estoril Blue, Dark Blue)<br>: 2000 BMW 323Ci (Titanium Silver/Black)<p></i>as soon as you post them...so i can put them on my web page....my email is jrb222@pacbell.net or just let me know when u have them ready..thanks

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index