Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Boo
06-07-2000, 12:09 PM
I have been following this message board for a long time now due to my interest in the new M3. I was just wondering what people really thought about it. I know the styling is very nice (seen the pics) inside and out. However it seems like most of the gains in HP are lost to the added weight, and the torque increase I think is about 20 lb/ft (240-260 not sure thought). <p>It seemed to me that a lot of that extra muscle is going to be eaten up by the added weight of the car. I am just wondering what maybe some people poised to buy and new one are thinking about in regards to this.<p>Thanks

Scot
06-07-2000, 12:27 PM
Since I am only losing the interst on a $500 refundable deposit, I am still in line. It sure looks great.! Once it makes it to the USA, I will have to make up my mind. I wish I was made of money and could keep my current cars <b>plus</b> get the M3. <p>Scot<p><br><i>: I have been following this message board for a long time now due to my interest in the new M3. I was just wondering what people really thought about it. I know the styling is very nice (seen the pics) inside and out. However it seems like most of the gains in HP are lost to the added weight, and the torque increase I think is about 20 lb/ft (240-260 not sure thought). <p>: It seemed to me that a lot of that extra muscle is going to be eaten up by the added weight of the car. I am just wondering what maybe some people poised to buy and new one are thinking about in regards to this.<p>: Thanks<p></i>

more? not bad. Bcar
06-07-2000, 12:52 PM
<i>: I have been following this message board for a long time now due to my interest in the new M3. I was just wondering what people really thought about it. I know the styling is very nice (seen the pics) inside and out. However it seems like most of the gains in HP are lost to the added weight, and the torque increase I think is about 20 lb/ft (240-260 not sure thought). <p>: It seemed to me that a lot of that extra muscle is going to be eaten up by the added weight of the car. I am just wondering what maybe some people poised to buy and new one are thinking about in regards to this.<p>: Thanks<p></i>

Bruce
06-07-2000, 05:13 PM
<i>: I have been following this message board for a long time now due to my interest in the new M3. I was just wondering what people really thought about it. I know the styling is very nice (seen the pics) inside and out. However it seems like most of the gains in HP are lost to the added weight, and the torque increase I think is about 20 lb/ft (240-260 not sure thought). <p>: It seemed to me that a lot of that extra muscle is going to be eaten up by the added weight of the car. I am just wondering what maybe some people poised to buy and new one are thinking about in regards to this.</i><p>You are looking at absolute (peak) numbers, you can't do this. You have to look at the whole torque curve and the area under it to get a better idea of what the car will do. Torque higher in the RPM range give better performance (why do you think F1s engine rev so high?)

06-08-2000, 11:11 AM
I've been on the E46 M3 waiting list for the better part of a year now. I thought I would become more excited about the car as time passed. But actually I'm getting a bit tired of it. Four tailpipes and the side-gills are a bit too much - I like the sleeper look better. I expected a higher engine torque as well. But it costs very little to stay on the waiting list, so I will, until at least the pricing and options are published... Maybe its just the long wait getting to me.<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index