Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mark M
06-08-2000, 03:25 PM
Everyone keeps talkin' about how the S4 is so comparable<br>to the M3 after it's had some MOD's done to it.<p>Well, I'm sure with enough know how and technical skills<br>you can make freakin' Chevette Run with an M3. Bottom line<br>is compare them off the production lines...then see what<br>you get.<p>You get a good S4 and an AWESOME M3!

hahah sucker
06-08-2000, 04:19 PM
we will se when the new Biturbo TT and the new Z06 vette<br>blow the S**T out of the M3<br>you will be wishing you could mod that exspensive pos to compete with either one<br>the M3 has always been underpowered!!<br>why do you think bmw hasnt relased it yet?<br>Yet you have already known about the car for damm near 2.5 years?<br>chevy has realsed info on the z06 this year wanna bet it wont out next year?<p>did i mention the new vette and the 300hp tt will pull OVER .98 on the skidpad STOCK?<p><br><i>: Everyone keeps talkin' about how the S4 is so comparable<br>: to the M3 after it's had some MOD's done to it.<p>: Well, I'm sure with enough know how and technical skills<br>: you can make freakin' Chevette Run with an M3. Bottom line<br>: is compare them off the production lines...then see what<br>: you get.<p>: You get a good S4 and an AWESOME M3!<p></i>

G3
06-08-2000, 06:15 PM
A 300 hp TT? The slow lil 180 hp version is a friggin death trap. Is Audi crazy?! How many more people do they want to kill? They are taking that suped-up bug WAY beyond its limits. What a joke!<p>On another note . . . How many of us have bone stock cars that have not had some chip/software alterations? Probably none. Accordingly, there is nothing wrong w/ comparing a chipped S4 to a chipped M3. That's reality. The fact is that for under 500 bucks, you transform the S4 into a 300+ hp machine. You can't do that w/ an M3. That IS very important to keep in mind if straight line performance is your kick. Actually, the S4 is better compared with the 328/330, as they are in the same price range. I hate to say it, but for $40K, the S4 blows those cars away, easily (speed-wise, that is). However, it still "feels" like **** compared to ANY bimmer when you drive it. The thing just sucks to drive. I don't care what kind of numbers it can post. It doesn't feel sporty or fun to pilot, and that is what counts with most enthusiasts. Otherwise, we'd all be driving Cobra's and Vettes.

Brian
06-08-2000, 07:57 PM
<i>: we will se when the new Biturbo TT and the new Z06 vette<br>: blow the S**T out of the M3<br>: you will be wishing you could mod that exspensive pos to compete with either one<br>: the M3 has always been underpowered!!<br>: why do you think bmw hasnt relased it yet?<br>: Yet you have already known about the car for damm near 2.5 years?<br>: chevy has realsed info on the z06 this year wanna bet it wont out next year?<p>: did i mention the new vette and the 300hp tt will pull OVER .98 on the skidpad STOCK?<p>: <br>: : Everyone keeps talkin' about how the S4 is so comparable<br>: : to the M3 after it's had some MOD's done to it.<p>: : Well, I'm sure with enough know how and technical skills<br>: : you can make freakin' Chevette Run with an M3. Bottom line<br>: : is compare them off the production lines...then see what<br>: : you get.<p>: : You get a good S4 and an AWESOME M3!<p></i>

JG
06-09-2000, 12:44 AM
that its ugly as ****- only available on the fixed roof coupe, has nasty looking wheels (they are very big though, 10.5 rears, 9.5 fronts)- and the black rear break coolers look like they belong on a Geo, didn't even integrate them that well into the side skirt. It will make great numbers though.<p>JG<br>00 Mcoupe<p>99 Corvette coupe 6spd (traded in after 9 months).

JG
06-09-2000, 12:45 AM
<i>: that its ugly as ****- only available on the fixed roof coupe, has nasty looking wheels (they are very big though, 10.5 rears, 9.5 fronts)- and the black rear break coolers look like they belong on a Geo, didn't even integrate them that well into the side skirt. It will make great numbers though.<p>: JG<br>: 00 Mcoupe<p>: 99 Corvette coupe 6spd (traded in after 9 months).<p></i>

Marcus Frost
06-09-2000, 12:50 AM
nt

todd
06-09-2000, 02:39 AM
the recall really fixed the downforce problem.

Vette=fast+poor quality. Bcar
06-09-2000, 06:23 AM
<i>: we will se when the new Biturbo TT and the new Z06 vette<br>: blow the S**T out of the M3<br>: you will be wishing you could mod that exspensive pos to compete with either one<br>: the M3 has always been underpowered!!<br>: why do you think bmw hasnt relased it yet?<br>: Yet you have already known about the car for damm near 2.5 years?<br>: chevy has realsed info on the z06 this year wanna bet it wont out next year?<p>: did i mention the new vette and the 300hp tt will pull OVER .98 on the skidpad STOCK?<p>: <br>: : Everyone keeps talkin' about how the S4 is so comparable<br>: : to the M3 after it's had some MOD's done to it.<p>: : Well, I'm sure with enough know how and technical skills<br>: : you can make freakin' Chevette Run with an M3. Bottom line<br>: : is compare them off the production lines...then see what<br>: : you get.<p>: : You get a good S4 and an AWESOME M3!<p></i>

Bcar
06-09-2000, 06:26 AM
<i>: the recall really fixed the downforce problem.<p></i>

Steve S.
06-09-2000, 10:56 AM
Garrett, you wrote: <p>"However, it still "feels" like **** compared to ANY bimmer when you drive it. The thing just sucks to drive. I don't care what kind of numbers it can post. It doesn't feel sporty or fun to pilot, and that is what counts with most enthusiasts."<p>Have you ever driven an S4 with any suspension mods? Sounds like you haven't. Audi of America took a position that said the average S4 buyer would want all purpose tires (I agree the RE040's suck pretty much)..and would want a business-man like vs. a more sporty suspension set-up. That was their choice. Now they have to live with it. I didn't like my stock S4 suspension either...guess what?...I changed it and now I am VERY happy with it. I now have H&R coilovers and my car is about 1.2 inches lower that stock S4 height. It runs real well...at autox events...at track events...and on the street.<p>I wish you, and some others, would quit thinking that BMW's are the best thing on earth. You don't think that some of us use to be BMW owners? I use to own two.<p>With that type of objective perspective I sure wouldn't do much business with your law firm.<p>Steve S.<br>00 S4 (GIAC chip/H&R coilovers/Neuspeed rear sway bar/K&N filter/exhaust coming)

bully in an M3? Seek help (eom).
06-09-2000, 02:31 PM

SV_E$^_06012001
06-10-2000, 04:51 AM
Pay a visit to the BMW AG web site and fill out the password stuff to view the test results. The E46 test car at Nuremburg (find, good driver) was calc'd pulling corners a 1.2G's<p>sorry, see you in 2006 Audi<p><i>: we will se when the new Biturbo TT and the new Z06 vette<br>: blow the S**T out of the M3<br>: you will be wishing you could mod that exspensive pos to compete with either one<br>: the M3 has always been underpowered!!<br>: why do you think bmw hasnt relased it yet?<br>: Yet you have already known about the car for damm near 2.5 years?<br>: chevy has realsed info on the z06 this year wanna bet it wont out next year?<p>: did i mention the new vette and the 300hp tt will pull OVER .98 on the skidpad STOCK?<p>: <br>: : Everyone keeps talkin' about how the S4 is so comparable<br>: : to the M3 after it's had some MOD's done to it.<p>: : Well, I'm sure with enough know how and technical skills<br>: : you can make freakin' Chevette Run with an M3. Bottom line<br>: : is compare them off the production lines...then see what<br>: : you get.<p>: : You get a good S4 and an AWESOME M3!<p><br></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index