Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

MIKE
06-10-2000, 07:51 PM
I'm really getting sick of this, "M3vsS4" stuff. People have to realize that they are two very different cars. One is a small sports sedan, the other a two door sports car. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I own an S4, and I love it. Very comfortable, plenty of power, four wheel drive. Its practical and quick without being annoying. My friends M3 on the other hand is fast, handles great (harder suspension), and turns a lot of heads but cant be driven in the rain or on long trips. IMHO, two brilliantly engineered cars but each with a different purpose! <p>Just my .02 cents<br>MIKE<br>'00 S4

Mr Nutso
06-10-2000, 08:03 PM
Haha, just kiddin.<p><i>: I'm really getting sick of this, "M3vsS4" stuff. People have to realize that they are two very different cars. One is a small sports sedan, the other a two door sports car. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I own an S4, and I love it. Very comfortable, plenty of power, four wheel drive. Its practical and quick without being annoying. My friends M3 on the other hand is fast, handles great (harder suspension), and turns a lot of heads but cant be driven in the rain or on long trips. IMHO, two brilliantly engineered cars but each with a different purpose! <p>: Just my .02 cents<br>: MIKE<br>: '00 S4<p></i>

DC
06-10-2000, 09:22 PM
...can't you drive it in the rain or on long trips?<p>It won't melt and it you exercise a bit of restraint the back end will stay where it belongs.<p>I have a 911 (993) and I drive it on long trips all the time - it is only a car and you should get as much enjoyment out of it as you can!

Ted
06-10-2000, 09:34 PM
<i>: I'm really getting sick of this, "M3vsS4" stuff. People have to realize that they are two very different cars. One is a small sports sedan, the other a two door sports car. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I own an S4, and I love it. Very comfortable, plenty of power, four wheel drive. Its practical and quick without being annoying. My friends M3 on the other hand is fast, handles great (harder suspension), and turns a lot of heads but cant be driven in the rain or on long trips. IMHO, two brilliantly engineered cars but each with a different purpose! <p>: Just my .02 cents<br>: MIKE<br>: '00 S4<p></i>

Bluntman
06-12-2000, 10:08 AM
In case you didn't know, the 3 Series is considered a sedan, even in coupe configuration. Therefore, comparisons between your S4 and the M3 are more than appropriate. Also, for your information, I find my E36 M3 to be more than practical. It's very driveable in the rain (just don't go full-throttle...ask me how I know), it's great on long trips (MANY M3 OWNERS WILL BACK ME UP ON THIS ONE), and I like it because it DOESN'T turn too many heads, unless the heads that are turning know exactly what they are looking at (a debadged M3). All in all, I find your two cents to be nothing more than worthless BS used to justify your purchase of an Audi S4. It's a great car, enjoy it! Just don't forget the fact that it competes directly with the M3, which gives up a bit of the luxury for an extra helping of performance. Audi had better get the Rs4 to the U.S. market ASAP because the S4 is no match for the E46 M3. <p>My well informed $0.02, <p>Bluntman<p><p><i>: I'm really getting sick of this, "M3vsS4" stuff. People have to realize that they are two very different cars. One is a small sports sedan, the other a two door sports car. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I own an S4, and I love it. Very comfortable, plenty of power, four wheel drive. Its practical and quick without being annoying. My friends M3 on the other hand is fast, handles great (harder suspension), and turns a lot of heads but cant be driven in the rain or on long trips. IMHO, two brilliantly engineered cars but each with a different purpose! <br>: Just my .02 cents<br>: MIKE<br>: '00 S4<p></i>

G3
06-12-2000, 03:15 PM
That is the great thing about the M3, driving it makes you THINK you're in a sports car. However, it IS a sedan and comes in 4 or 2 door trim. Either way, it is NOT a sports car. The s4 feels much more "sedanish" than an M3, and that is exactly what is WRONG with it. Despite its power, especially when chipped, it simply sucks to drive fast. It is not a "sporting" car. Why can't your friends' M3 be driven in the rain or on long trips? M3's are driven in the rain and on long trips all the time. What's wrong with your buddy, his car and/or you? Not to be rude, but what on earth are you talking about. Give up the crystal-meth, Dude.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index