Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bill
06-13-2000, 12:40 AM
Presuming I am willing to pay whatever price and wait whatever length of time.... is it possible to get a one-off custom color from the factory?

and time is 6-12weeks.Evan...(m)
06-13-2000, 02:10 AM
<i>: Presuming I am willing to pay whatever price and wait whatever length of time.... is it possible to get a one-off custom color from the factory?<p></i>This is on top of what ever normal delivery time is. So like lets say it normally takes 4 weeks to build and ship your car, now it will be 10-16 weeks to see a special color. I can also tell you that you will NOT be able to do this during the first six months of the M3's introduction. But the up side is you can basicly choose any color that you can get on ANY N.A. BMW and a few, only a few other (not normally available) colors.

Bruce
06-13-2000, 09:14 AM
<i>: : Presuming I am willing to pay whatever price and wait whatever length of time.... is it possible to get a one-off custom color from the factory?<p>: This is on top of what ever normal delivery time is. So like lets say it normally takes 4 weeks to build and ship your car, now it will be 10-16 weeks to see a special color. I can also tell you that you will NOT be able to do this during the first six months of the M3's introduction. But the up side is you can basicly choose any color that you can get on ANY N.A. BMW and a few, only a few other (not normally available) colors.</i><p>If he wanted a color that is normally paineted at the factory up to $2500 is correct. If he wants a one-off color, expect that number to increase to 5 figures (I have heard a figure of $12k for a one off color on a 7 series). This is assuming you can get BMW AG to accept an order like that from a US customer.

falls under? (eom)
06-13-2000, 11:20 AM
<i>: : : Presuming I am willing to pay whatever price and wait whatever length of time.... is it possible to get a one-off custom color from the factory?<p>: : This is on top of what ever normal delivery time is. So like lets say it normally takes 4 weeks to build and ship your car, now it will be 10-16 weeks to see a special color. I can also tell you that you will NOT be able to do this during the first six months of the M3's introduction. But the up side is you can basicly choose any color that you can get on ANY N.A. BMW and a few, only a few other (not normally available) colors.<p>: If he wanted a color that is normally paineted at the factory up to $2500 is correct. If he wants a one-off color, expect that number to increase to 5 figures (I have heard a figure of $12k for a one off color on a 7 series). This is assuming you can get BMW AG to accept an order like that from a US customer.<p></i>

Bruce
06-13-2000, 11:32 AM
what is so hard to understand about that?

Ken V.
06-13-2000, 01:02 PM
<i>: : : : Presuming I am willing to pay whatever price and wait whatever length of time.... is it possible to get a one-off custom color from the factory?<p>: : : This is on top of what ever normal delivery time is. So like lets say it normally takes 4 weeks to build and ship your car, now it will be 10-16 weeks to see a special color. I can also tell you that you will NOT be able to do this during the first six months of the M3's introduction. But the up side is you can basicly choose any color that you can get on ANY N.A. BMW and a few, only a few other (not normally available) colors.<p>: : If he wanted a color that is normally paineted at the factory up to $2500 is correct. If he wants a one-off color, expect that number to increase to 5 figures (I have heard a figure of $12k for a one off color on a 7 series). This is assuming you can get BMW AG to accept an order like that from a US customer.<p></i>

Ken V.
06-13-2000, 01:03 PM
<i>: : : : : Presuming I am willing to pay whatever price and wait whatever length of time.... is it possible to get a one-off custom color from the factory?<p>: : : : This is on top of what ever normal delivery time is. So like lets say it normally takes 4 weeks to build and ship your car, now it will be 10-16 weeks to see a special color. I can also tell you that you will NOT be able to do this during the first six months of the M3's introduction. But the up side is you can basicly choose any color that you can get on ANY N.A. BMW and a few, only a few other (not normally available) colors.<p>: : : If he wanted a color that is normally paineted at the factory up to $2500 is correct. If he wants a one-off color, expect that number to increase to 5 figures (I have heard a figure of $12k for a one off color on a 7 series). This is assuming you can get BMW AG to accept an order like that from a US customer.<p></i>

Vicky
06-13-2000, 03:01 PM
Unless BMW radically changes policy for the M3, you will not be able to order a US-spec car in any color other than the standard offerings for the first year of production. You <b>will</b> most likely be able to mix and match interiors and exteriors in non-standard combinations however.<p>If you wait until 2002, you should be able to order a non-standard color. That said, you will only be able to choose from colors used in the particular factory where the M3 is built. You will not get unlimited choices, you will not get to choose from any of the Individual Colors shown at bmw.com. You only get the standard colors produced in that factory. For example, if the M3 is produced on the same line as the other E46s, you can order Topaz Blue instead of LeMans Blue or whatever. It will cost you $1600 + $425 for metallic paint = $2025 total. This is MSRP.<p>I am sure Bruce is right about the completely custom, customer-speced colors for $12K, but I think the factory won't even offer that service to some guy off the street. Even if you have the $12K.<p>I wish I was wrong on this one, but I have gone thru great hoops before trying to order non-standard colors. BMW NA knows (or at least claims to know) <u>nothing</u> about BMW Individual. Sure there are always exceptions. Maybe if an exec at BMW AG knows you personally by name they will help. Leif Anderberg has an Individual 318ti that he got that way. <p>- V -

pped and re-painted in U.S. (nt)
06-13-2000, 05:48 PM
<i>: : : Presuming I am willing to pay whatever price and wait whatever length of time.... is it possible to get a one-off custom color from the factory?<p>: : This is on top of what ever normal delivery time is. So like lets say it normally takes 4 weeks to build and ship your car, now it will be 10-16 weeks to see a special color. I can also tell you that you will NOT be able to do this during the first six months of the M3's introduction. But the up side is you can basicly choose any color that you can get on ANY N.A. BMW and a few, only a few other (not normally available) colors.<p>: If he wanted a color that is normally paineted at the factory up to $2500 is correct. If he wants a one-off color, expect that number to increase to 5 figures (I have heard a figure of $12k for a one off color on a 7 series). This is assuming you can get BMW AG to accept an order like that from a US customer.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index