Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bcar
08-25-2000, 10:37 AM
'94 Porsche 911 RS America and OH MY WORD!!! That car is unlike anything else I have ever driven. It had a few $k in mods done to it (CAI, B&B headers, Custom exhaust, Motronic electronics, bilstein race coilovers and a few other assorted goodies) This guy bought the car and did the mods for just under 50k, and the car was never tracked (hes got slicks on order). I know the M3 will be more practical but im not sure if I could live without that for the pure unrestricted performance of this Porsche. The car gets faster as it gets faster, pulls all the way from 2.5k till the 7,200 redline. No power brakes or steering so it really was like being a part of the car and not just along for the ride, so much feedback it was unreal. But his other car is a '99 M3 and says the more he drives the Porsche the more he appreciates what the M3 does...<p>So what is everyone's take on this? <br>Again, M3 or 911...<br>Brian<br>

lionsfan54
08-25-2000, 10:58 AM
I had an old RX-7 that I built up and it was like a race car. Lots of power, no power steering, etc. But after about a month I got sick of how rough and unrefined it was. It would make a sweet 2nd car but an everyday driver? I think not. IMHO<br><i><br>'94 Porsche 911 RS America and OH MY WORD!!! That car is unlike anything else I have ever driven. It had a few $k in mods done to it (CAI, B&B headers, Custom exhaust, Motronic electronics, bilstein race coilovers and a few other assorted goodies) This guy bought the car and did the mods for just under 50k, and the car was never tracked (hes got slicks on order). I know the M3 will be more practical but im not sure if I could live without that for the pure unrestricted performance of this Porsche. The car gets faster as it gets faster, pulls all the way from 2.5k till the 7,200 redline. No power brakes or steering so it really was like being a part of the car and not just along for the ride, so much feedback it was unreal. But his other car is a '99 M3 and says the more he drives the Porsche the more he appreciates what the M3 does...<p>So what is everyone's take on this? <br>Again, M3 or 911...<br>Brian<p></i><br>

JonM
08-25-2000, 11:01 AM
I love the RSA. If you don't mind no A/C and literally no refinement, it would be a lot of fun to own. What color was it? Where is it located? :-)<p>

Bcar
08-25-2000, 11:17 AM
<i><br>I love the RSA. If you don't mind no A/C and literally no refinement, it would be a lot of fun to own. What color was it? Where is it located? :-)<p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index