Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

eer
09-04-2000, 01:51 PM
Has anyone heard if the M Roadster & Coupe are going to<br>be updated with the new M3 engine? I would love to see<br>this myself, & a 4-door M3 as well.<br>

Bruce
09-04-2000, 04:15 PM

Kritti
09-05-2000, 03:13 AM

Presumably the roadster will be updated to handle the power? The new engine in the current car would be a fair amount to handle, no?

Bruce
09-05-2000, 10:24 AM
<i>Presumably the roadster will be updated to handle the power? The new engine in the current car would be a fair amount to handle, no?</i><p>The Euro version already had 320hp and did it without ASC. The chassis can handle the power no problem, it's the car reviewers at the car rags that can't.<br>

Ken V.
09-05-2000, 11:24 AM
I really CAN'T believe it takes only a few hours to evaluate a car's performance. FIRST, you have learn the car's unique handling characteristics, which takes a while to get used to, before you can truly take advantage of the car's capabilities. I remember when I recently test drove a new Porsche 911, and I was naturally not used to the way it handled, or for that matter, accelerated, braked, etc... I've also noticed that car's feel faster when you're not used to it, ever tried stepping on the gas with your left foot, or sitting in the passenger seat when someone else drives... you'd be surprised how much FASTER the car feels, just like it did when you first test drove it. I think be best example is the Dodge Viper, in a recent comparison, the Viper was rated as being the worst (by a large margin, relatively) compared to the new C5, and Cobra R. I agree to test a car on a skidpad, and 0-60 doesn't necessarily require that much intimate knowledge of the car, but tracking it, is a very different story. And in this case, I believe that the Viper (which has proven it's success countlessly on the track), would have beat the C5, and Cobra R if it was driven whilst taking into account it's unique handling characterists... Usually we see the less primal cars winning these hop in the car, and do your best lap races. The fact is, if you really want to compare performance, look at a recently updated Nurbergring best lap times report, you'll be very surprised how they differ from the car mags...<p>Ken,<p><br><i><br>Presumably the roadster will be updated to handle the power? The new engine in the current car would be a fair amount to handle, no?<p>The Euro version already had 320hp and did it without ASC. The chassis can handle the power no problem, it's the car reviewers at the car rags that can't.<p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index