Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

saturnWalker
09-04-2000, 02:04 PM
I was speaking to a BMW dealer back in January when I first put my name on their 2001 M3 list, as #6, but now I've moved up to #4 due to cancellations by some people. Now I'm thinking that even #4 isn't going to be god enough after reading the post here about the "ALLOCATION LIMIT" of 300. Anyway, I went back to the dealer to speak to him about the possibility of a European delivery for the M3 in the event that I was not able to purchase one here. He said it was close to impossible due to the emmisions and safety differences between the European and American version. I say **** that. How much more could it possibly cost you if you had to modify the car in order for it to be street legal here in the US?<p>saturnWalker<br>soundfactory_@hotmail.com

Bruce
09-04-2000, 04:14 PM
<i>I was speaking to a BMW dealer back in January when I first put my name on their 2001 M3 list, as #6, but now I've moved up to #4 due to cancellations by some people. Now I'm thinking that even #4 isn't going to be god enough after reading the post here about the "ALLOCATION LIMIT" of 300. Anyway, I went back to the dealer to speak to him about the possibility of a European delivery for the M3 in the event that I was not able to purchase one here. He said it was close to impossible due to the emmisions and safety differences between the European and American version. I say **** that. How much more could it possibly cost you if you had to modify the car in order for it to be street legal here in the US?</i><p>1. the allocation limit of 300 cars is BULL****<br>2. are you talking ED of a US spec car or going over to Germany and buying a Euro spec car and having it modified to be imported and street legal in the US? If you are talking the former, all M3s (at least initally) will come out of dealer allocation...so...you would still get the 4th car (since you are 4th on the list) no matter what. You would not get any special price on Euro delivery except an extra bill of the airline and hotel bills you would incur. If it is the latter, you would spend mega dollars to go that route.<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index