Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

marc b
09-14-2000, 01:58 PM
I put my deposit down on a 6 series today, with it in writing that as soon as a M6 list is started, my deposit is transfered to that. My dealer said that BMW estimated MY2002 for introduction!<p>Also, they guaranteed sticker on the 6 and the M6, but I asked them about the M1, and they said IF it did come into production, they wouldn't guarantee sticker (this dealership guaranteed on the M5, the E46M3, but NOT the Z8)<br>-m<p>98 E36M3<br>01 E46M3 (soon)<br>02 640?/M6 <br>Duc 750SS

Ray Koch
09-14-2000, 02:16 PM
I would like to do the same. What did you have to put down, $500? When I (finally) pick up my new M3 I might just put myself on the wait list for the M6. By the time is comes out, if it ever does of course, I should be ready to switch.

Ran
09-14-2000, 02:35 PM
At this rate, I am thinking of putting my as yet unborn son/daughter on the waiting list too!! <p>Seriously though, are dealers really accepting deposits. I guess no one says no to money, especially easy non-interest bearing deposits. <p>for those who are very sensitive, this is not a flame...just some humour!!!!!!<p><i><br>I would like to do the same. What did you have to put down, $500? When I (finally) pick up my new M3 I might just put myself on the wait list for the M6. By the time is comes out, if it ever does of course, I should be ready to switch.<p></i><br>

Ray Koch
09-14-2000, 02:56 PM
As long as the economy keeps doing so well and BMW keeps producing must have M cars you better get a early place in line.<p>I don't think a new 6-series has been confirmed but I believe it's likely. And it follows that there would be an M version based on history and the fact that it would share most components with the M5.<p>Some dealers might turn you away as there is no real data on the car while others might say sure. The list has got to start sometime, might as well be with me. If you have a good relationship with your salesman they might put you down for first right of refusal without a deposit until plans for a M6 are more firm.

Bruce
09-14-2000, 03:18 PM
<i><br>I put my deposit down on a 6 series today, with it in writing that as soon as a M6 list is started, my deposit is transfered to that. My dealer said that BMW estimated MY2002 for introduction!</i><p>I can guarantee it won't be a MY02 car. I know for a fact a 6er based on the E39 chassis is a no go. With BMW selling Rover a new 6er is a possibility (I sure hope they do, the E24 M6 is the best looking BMW ever IMO). The new 5er is due for MY03 so don't expect a new 6er until MY03, but a better guess is MY04 since the 5er will be a higher priority.

marc b
09-14-2000, 03:21 PM
My dealer guy sounded a little confused, he said the new 5er in MY2002, and the 6 a year after that, so MY2003, either way, its only two years, and when it does come out, I will have a difficult choice (esp. if my mods on the E46 turn out good)<br>-m<br><i><p>I put my deposit down on a 6 series today, with it in writing that as soon as a M6 list is started, my deposit is transfered to that. My dealer said that BMW estimated MY2002 for introduction!<p>I can guarantee it won't be a MY02 car. I know for a fact a 6er based on the E39 chassis is a no go. With BMW selling Rover a new 6er is a possibility (I sure hope they do, the E24 M6 is the best looking BMW ever IMO). The new 5er is due for MY03 so don't expect a new 6er until MY03, but a better guess is MY04 since the 5er will be a higher priority. <p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index