Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Tardis
09-25-2000, 09:58 AM
I am in Germany on business and I rented a nice 328 from a local dealer, more on that in a moment. While looking around the show room I asked if they had any word on the production of the M3. "Of course you are aware that production is delayed" was the reply. I said yes but not by how much or why. "Oh, it is problems with the engine, too much stress due to the power, our man says it is the cams." "We hear production will begin in the first of January." "This is well know in Germany, but the offical word from BMW will say the delay if to ensure that the quality is just right." At this point I said maybe I should not buy the M3 this year but wait for 2002 model to make sure everything is OK, they said "no, BMW is delaying to make sure everything is correct, they will not take a risk with this car". <br>Now the car I rented has the GPS system and after market 18' wheels with low profile Dunlop's. After the weekend int he car I have no use for the GPS, which has a TV that turns off the display after 7 kilometers speed. A nice toy but give me a map and a dash CD player. I was concerned that 18' wheels and low profile tires would produce a hard ride but the ride was great, yes firm but not hard. On the A31 north of Essen I got the car up to 230 Km/h and all was great. This one is a sedan (4 dr)and it is difficult to imagine having 130 more HP in the US version to play with!

Bruce
09-25-2000, 11:18 AM
you keep posting the same unsubstantiated rumor every week for the past few weeks with no supporting data. <p>If you can provide some way for somebody to verify your data then we might believe, until then...please stop.

Josh
09-25-2000, 11:47 AM
1. This dealer is incredibly well informed and was able to provide you with information 2 weeks ago that has yet to reach anyone else, anywhere, in the whole world.<br>2. This dealer doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.<br>3. This dealer was trying to dissuade you from waiting for an M3 in the hope that you'll buy a 330Ci from him instead.<br>4. This is a story made up by you in the hope that it will cut down on the wait list at your dealership.<p>You seem like a good guy so I doubt it's #4 but it is possible. I agree with Bruce though, please give it a rest till we get some confirmation.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index