Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

James
10-01-2000, 06:45 PM
-Will the seats in the M3 have ///M Badging on them like the E36 M3 had?<p>-What type of cloth will be used in the partial leather seats? (I've got my fingers crossed for suede or something close to suede)<p>-If you were a betting man would you say aluminum trim will be available? Two tone leather interiors?<p>-Will red leather be available?<p>-Will there be an illuminated ///M shifter?<p>-What changes do you expect to see happen to the M3 after the 2001 model year?<p>Thanks<br>answer as best you can <p>

Bruce
10-01-2000, 07:02 PM
<i>-Will the seats in the M3 have ///M Badging on them like the E36 M3 had?</i><p>no<p><i>-What type of cloth will be used in the partial leather seats? (I've got my fingers crossed for suede or something close to suede)</i><p>doesn't appear alcantara (fake suede) will be offered....when BMW says cloth they really do mean it will be cloth, however BMW cloth is normally pretty tough stuff<p><i>-If you were a betting man would you say aluminum trim will be available?</i><p>yes<p><i> Two tone leather interiors?</i><p>no<p><i>-Will red leather be available?</i><p>if you already looked at the ordering guides you would know it already is listed as an option<p><i>-Will there be an illuminated ///M shifter?<br></i><p>see previous answer<p><i>-What changes do you expect to see happen to the M3 after the 2001 model year?<br></i><p>minimal....will most likely be only cosmetic changes here and there....SMG might be offered in Europe only<br>

DC from Cape Cod
10-01-2000, 07:04 PM
<i><br>-Will the seats in the M3 have ///M Badging on them like the E36 M3 had?<p>***The cloth insert will say MPOWER on it...<p>-What type of cloth will be used in the partial leather seats? (I've got my fingers crossed for suede or something close to suede)<p>***No idea...<p>-If you were a betting man would you say aluminum trim will be available? Two tone leather interiors?<p>***No and maybe.<p>-Will red leather be available?<p>***Yes - called Imola Red Leather/<p><br>-Will there be an illuminated ///M shifter?<p>***Yes.<p>-What changes do you expect to see happen to the M3 after the 2001 model year?<p>***SMG for 2002.<p>Thanks<br>answer as best you can <p></i><br>

Mark G
10-01-2000, 07:10 PM
<i><br>-Will the seats in the M3 have ///M Badging on them like the E36 M3 had?<p>-What type of cloth will be used in the partial leather seats? (I've got my fingers crossed for suede or something close to suede)<p>-If you were a betting man would you say aluminum trim will be available? Two tone leather interiors?<p>-Will red leather be available?<p>-Will there be an illuminated ///M shifter?<p>-What changes do you expect to see happen to the M3 after the 2001 model year?<p>Thanks<br>answer as best you can <p></i><br>

Jim
10-01-2000, 07:27 PM
The seats I have seen have an embossed ///M3 (same color as leather) on the headrest, but not the tricolor stripes ala E36. (Id rather the color stripes)<p>Current brochure lists Imola red leather as a selection, illuminated knob standard<br>The illuminated knob is on the M5 and M roadster, a funky red glow at nite.<p>Changes are anybody's guess. SMG is hoped for.<br>An engine upgrade like the E36 is not logical. The E36 3.0-3.2 change was to cecoup power lost to OBD II

IMHO eom James
10-01-2000, 07:27 PM
<i><p>-Will the seats in the M3 have ///M Badging on them like the E36 M3 had?<p>-What type of cloth will be used in the partial leather seats? (I've got my fingers crossed for suede or something close to suede)<p>-If you were a betting man would you say aluminum trim will be available? Two tone leather interiors?<p>-Will red leather be available?<p>-Will there be an illuminated ///M shifter?<p>-What changes do you expect to see happen to the M3 after the 2001 model year?<p>Thanks<br>answer as best you can <p><br></i><br>

zenya
10-01-2000, 07:42 PM
<i><br>-Will the seats in the M3 have ///M Badging on them like the E36 M3 had?<p>-What type of cloth will be used in the partial leather seats? (I've got my fingers crossed for suede or something close to suede)<p>-If you were a betting man would you say aluminum trim will be available? Two tone leather interiors?<p>-Will red leather be available?<p>-Will there be an illuminated ///M shifter?<p>-What changes do you expect to see happen to the M3 after the 2001 model year?<p>Thanks<br>answer as best you can <p></i><br>

Jeff J.
10-01-2000, 07:48 PM
<i><br>The E36 3.0-3.2 change was to cecoup power lost to OBD II<p></i><br>That was only here in North America. The E36 3.0 - 3.2 change was done on the Euro car to increase power output (~23hp) to make the car more competitive. The same can be said about the E30 M3, which went through 3 evolutions during its lifetime. I would say that an engine upgrade to the E46 M3 is certainly possible, except that I have heard that the engine really can’t be stroked any farther than 3.25l. If an evolution to the E46 M3 does come, I would say that it is several years away. In other words, I wouldn't hold your breath...

JonM
10-01-2000, 08:21 PM
<i>-Will the seats in the M3 have ///M Badging on them like the E36 M3 had?</i><p>Hopefully not. No indictation they will, BMW has gone for the more subtle (and cheaper) embossed insignia.<p><i>-What type of cloth will be used in the partial leather seats? (I've got my fingers crossed for suede or something close to suede)</i><p>Either Millpoint cloth like the 318ti Sport and E36 M3 LTW had, or Alcantara (which is synthetic suede made from recycled milk jugs) if we are <u>really</u> lucky.<p><i>-If you were a betting man would you say aluminum trim will be available? Two tone leather interiors?</i><p>I am not a betting man, but I would say the aluminum trim (which is actually called "matt chrome...BMW makes no claim that it's aluminum) will <u>not</u> be available on the M3 from the factory. Whatever trim ends up in the car (and that's still unclear) should be slightly different that what would come on a 3er. Same applies to any and all wood trim that we may or may not get. It is easy to add the matt chrome/wood trim after you buy the car if you want. No word on 2-tone interiors, but I would bet we see them sooner or later. If the X5 has 2-tone interiors available, then the M3 should as well.<p><i>-Will red leather be available?</i><p>Yes. Imola pink-red like the M Roadster and Coupe.<p><i>-Will there be an illuminated ///M shifter?</i><p>Sadly, yes. It will probably still have red LEDs that do not match the rest of the amber-illuminated interior. I suspect the car will come with the illuminated shifter even though it is no longer needed with the E46 ambience overhead lighting.<p><i>-What changes do you expect to see happen to the M3 after the 2001 model year?</i><p>More colors. Factory wheel choice.<p>Jon Maddux<br>

Mr. Grinch
10-02-2000, 06:28 PM
Just to refresh people's memory. This quote is from Page 2 of the Acrobat PDF format "The making of - Interview" from the BMW M3 web site:<p>"What details make the high quality of BMW M design particularly clear?"<p>Bachmann: "The drive for high quality, for a ”premium” look, is apparent in the overall design<br>of the M3, but also in the details, such as the hand-brushed aluminium trim, the distinctive<br>seams on the seats and the door panel inserts."<p><br><i><br>I am not a betting man, but I would say the aluminum trim (which is actually called "matt chrome...BMW makes no claim that it's aluminum) will <u>not</u> be available on the M3 from the factory.<br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index