Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

sean
10-09-2000, 12:14 PM
i am #5 on the waitlist. The dealer says they have no idea what their allocation will be. Thus, I may not get a 2001. Anybody's dealer give them an idea how many cars each dealer will get? I assume bigger dealers will get bigger allocations. How do you know how large your dealer is?

Mystikal in TO
10-09-2000, 12:30 PM
I'm just about positive you'll get a 2001...the M3's production isn't THAT limited...it's not a McLaren F1 people! 5 cars in a year for 1 dealer isn't very difficult at all

The Cigarette Smoking Man
10-09-2000, 12:36 PM
<i><br>I'm just about positive you'll get a 2001...the M3's production isn't THAT limited...it's not a McLaren F1 people! 5 cars in a year for 1 dealer isn't very difficult at all<p></i><br>Remember if you are in Canada the only major centers which purchase BMW's are Ontario, B.C, and Quebec...so you don't really have anything to worry about.

uh, yeah
10-09-2000, 01:06 PM
I live in Richmond, VA and my local dealer isn't too big. They do around 30 cars a month. My dealer said they expect 5 or 6 cars for the year. I'm number 4 so I'll end up with a 2001 but looking at the garbage selection of colors I'm thinking of waiting till 02 to see if they add a decent color or two to the selection. <p>Who comes up with these colors, blind people? <p>Anyone know what it would cost to get an M5 or even 3 Series color on the new M3? It's worth a couple grand to me to get a color that's easy to live with.

Randy B
10-09-2000, 01:58 PM
When I asked my dealer about allocation he assured me delivery in the early part of next year. He hinted that the allocation would be based on several factors, including how many M5's they have sold and also the fact that they just spent millions remodeling their outfits here in Las Vegas. I guess part of the deal to remodel was increased allocation of cars. I have no idea how any cars they sell, but as the only game in town, I would imagine it is quite high. I am number 5 on their list and as of next week, I have been waiting for more than a year. I still can't believe four people beat me to the dealer to put down a deposit.<p>RandyB Las Vegas

RR
10-09-2000, 04:53 PM
n

StoneWalk
10-09-2000, 06:20 PM
<br>As far as we can tell, no level of bribery will induce BMWNA to allow us to order our cars<br>from the BMW Individual program.<p>We'd _love_ to see that change...<br>

Ben
10-11-2000, 09:23 PM
Someone posted that Pacific BMW in So. Cali. was cooperating with Indi Program requests. Anyone confirm?<br><i><p>As far as we can tell, no level of bribery will induce BMWNA to allow us to order our cars<br>from the BMW Individual program.<p>We'd _love_ to see that change...<p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index