Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

MK Boy
10-11-2000, 02:00 AM
Greetings All,<p>Go onto the web site and go into the performance section - there is a new subheading called "Press Library" with several extracts from automotive magazines and reviews, excellent.<p>I particularly liked the quote in one article where, apparently, Jenson Button has requested an M3 as his new company car - he currently drives an M5.<p>Enjoy

Ran
10-11-2000, 08:03 AM
this site still wants you to sign up for info. I realise that marketing sometimes involves trying to capture contact names for marketing in the future but since the M3 is barely going to satisfy a small percentage of demand in the first 2 years, why follow the traditional model unless they truly have the capability to ramp up production (I know they intend to but it seems fairly certain that many of us who want the car wont see it until at least 2002 so why get all our emails). Or is it just to make us feel like an exclusive club....preserving exclusivity is part of signing up etc. but I doubt that is the case.<p>BMW does this to good effect in its marketing of regular 5 series, 3 series, 7 series cars ..... you know the routine, send postcard in for more info, click on box for dealer to call you, get info, dealer fwded info etc. etc. Here people are begging for catalogues for the M3. So they really dont need our names.<p><p><br><i><br>Greetings All,<p>Go onto the web site and go into the performance section - there is a new subheading called "Press Library" with several extracts from automotive magazines and reviews, excellent.<p>I particularly liked the quote in one article where, apparently, Jenson Button has requested an M3 as his new company car - he currently drives an M5.<p>Enjoy<p></i><br>

MK Boy
10-11-2000, 09:13 AM
<i><br>this site still wants you to sign up for info. I realise that marketing sometimes involves trying to capture contact names for marketing in the future but since the M3 is barely going to satisfy a small percentage of demand in the first 2 years, why follow the traditional model unless they truly have the capability to ramp up production (I know they intend to but it seems fairly certain that many of us who want the car wont see it until at least 2002 so why get all our emails). Or is it just to make us feel like an exclusive club....preserving exclusivity is part of signing up etc. but I doubt that is the case.<p>BMW does this to good effect in its marketing of regular 5 series, 3 series, 7 series cars ..... you know the routine, send postcard in for more info, click on box for dealer to call you, get info, dealer fwded info etc. etc. Here people are begging for catalogues for the M3. So they really dont need our names.<p><br>then keep going back periodically for informative updates, pictures etc etc. If you haven't been there yet it's worth the hack of registering - there's some great stuff on the site.<p>We just have to humour BMW at times, pity but well worth what we come away with in the end.<p>Best Regards<p>MK Boy<p>Greetings All,<p>Go onto the web site and go into the performance section - there is a new subheading called "Press Library" with several extracts from automotive magazines and reviews, excellent.<p>I particularly liked the quote in one article where, apparently, Jenson Button has requested an M3 as his new company car - he currently drives an M5.<p>Enjoy<p><br></i><br>

Ran
10-11-2000, 09:26 AM
dont mind humouring BMW as you suggest. I hope they dont sell our emails to spam artists. In the US you never know...grand statements of privacy followed by a fine print or later disclosure that if co is sold etc. ..we dont know what will happen blah blah. but i do know that Europe (atleast some countries) have a few more laws in this regard. <p>We are funny - we allow corporate america to be sued for trivialities with scant recompense but allow them to exploit our privacy.<p>maybe i will sign up and humour them as you suggest with a fictitious name. Few days back someone posted a 7 series vin number... that was funny. bet that 7 series is now listed as having 50 co-owners in the owners circle.<p><p><i><p>this site still wants you to sign up for info. I realise that marketing sometimes involves trying to capture contact names for marketing in the future but since the M3 is barely going to satisfy a small percentage of demand in the first 2 years, why follow the traditional model unless they truly have the capability to ramp up production (I know they intend to but it seems fairly certain that many of us who want the car wont see it until at least 2002 so why get all our emails). Or is it just to make us feel like an exclusive club....preserving exclusivity is part of signing up etc. but I doubt that is the case.<p>BMW does this to good effect in its marketing of regular 5 series, 3 series, 7 series cars ..... you know the routine, send postcard in for more info, click on box for dealer to call you, get info, dealer fwded info etc. etc. Here people are begging for catalogues for the M3. So they really dont need our names.<p><br>then keep going back periodically for informative updates, pictures etc etc. If you haven't been there yet it's worth the hack of registering - there's some great stuff on the site.<p>We just have to humour BMW at times, pity but well worth what we come away with in the end.<p>Best Regards<p>MK Boy<p>Greetings All,<p>Go onto the web site and go into the performance section - there is a new subheading called "Press Library" with several extracts from automotive magazines and reviews, excellent.<p>I particularly liked the quote in one article where, apparently, Jenson Button has requested an M3 as his new company car - he currently drives an M5.<p>Enjoy<p><br></i><br>

MK Boy
10-11-2000, 09:39 AM
In the past 7 or so months they e-mailed me once, and I never receive junk mail - therefore one can deduce that they are a professional organisation.<p>Cheers<p><i><br>dont mind humouring BMW as you suggest. I hope they dont sell our emails to spam artists. In the US you never know...grand statements of privacy followed by a fine print or later disclosure that if co is sold etc. ..we dont know what will happen blah blah. but i do know that Europe (atleast some countries) have a few more laws in this regard. <p>We are funny - we allow corporate america to be sued for trivialities with scant recompense but allow them to exploit our privacy.<p>maybe i will sign up and humour them as you suggest with a fictitious name. Few days back someone posted a 7 series vin number... that was funny. bet that 7 series is now listed as having 50 co-owners in the owners circle.<p><p>this site still wants you to sign up for info. I realise that marketing sometimes involves trying to capture contact names for marketing in the future but since the M3 is barely going to satisfy a small percentage of demand in the first 2 years, why follow the traditional model unless they truly have the capability to ramp up production (I know they intend to but it seems fairly certain that many of us who want the car wont see it until at least 2002 so why get all our emails). Or is it just to make us feel like an exclusive club....preserving exclusivity is part of signing up etc. but I doubt that is the case.<p>BMW does this to good effect in its marketing of regular 5 series, 3 series, 7 series cars ..... you know the routine, send postcard in for more info, click on box for dealer to call you, get info, dealer fwded info etc. etc. Here people are begging for catalogues for the M3. So they really dont need our names.<p><br>then keep going back periodically for informative updates, pictures etc etc. If you haven't been there yet it's worth the hack of registering - there's some great stuff on the site.<p>We just have to humour BMW at times, pity but well worth what we come away with in the end.<p>Best Regards<p>MK Boy<p>Greetings All,<p>Go onto the web site and go into the performance section - there is a new subheading called "Press Library" with several extracts from automotive magazines and reviews, excellent.<p>I particularly liked the quote in one article where, apparently, Jenson Button has requested an M3 as his new company car - he currently drives an M5.<p>Enjoy<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index