Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ward
10-11-2000, 10:50 PM
I just got the november issue of Automobile and they have the M3 on the cover. It's red. say it does 0-62 in 4.8 seconds as opposed to BMW's claimed 0-60 in 5.2 official bhp is 333 at 7900 RPMs. car is limited at 155 mph and mpg is claimed to be 19.8 but their test car did 16.9 mpg. Weight of the monster is 3454 lbs. Main competitors they say are: Jaguar XKR, Merc. Benz CLK55 AMG, and the Porsche 911 Carrera. 50-75 mph is timed at 5.4 seconds in fourth gear. The braking takes 2.6 seconds, or 115 feet to go from 62 to zero. Basically Automobile just bitches about how the interior sucks. They complain about the plastic looking aluminum and they say the chrome rimmed dials are too small. They also say the base price is 'estimated' to be $49,500 U.S. of course. But we all know we won't be able to get one at that price. Damn markups. If this is old info to any of you, sorry about that, but I noticed no one knew exactly the stats on this car and everyone had different numbers but these are the right ones. Don't flame me for posting anything obvious. Thanks

Nick
10-11-2000, 11:19 PM
<i><br>I just got the november issue of Automobile and they have the M3 on the cover. It's red. say it does 0-62 in 4.8 seconds as opposed to BMW's claimed 0-60 in 5.2 official bhp is 333 at 7900 RPMs. car is limited at 155 mph and mpg is claimed to be 19.8 but their test car did 16.9 mpg. Weight of the monster is 3454 lbs. Main competitors they say are: Jaguar XKR, Merc. Benz CLK55 AMG, and the Porsche 911 Carrera. 50-75 mph is timed at 5.4 seconds in fourth gear. The braking takes 2.6 seconds, or 115 feet to go from 62 to zero. Basically Automobile just bitches about how the interior sucks. They complain about the plastic looking aluminum and they say the chrome rimmed dials are too small. They also say the base price is 'estimated' to be $49,500 U.S. of course. But we all know we won't be able to get one at that price. Damn markups. If this is old info to any of you, sorry about that, but I noticed no one knew exactly the stats on this car and everyone had different numbers but these are the right ones. Don't flame me for posting anything obvious. Thanks<p></i><br>

Mr. Grinch
10-12-2000, 09:14 AM
You mean normaly aspirated. A non-aspirated combustion engine wouldn't work, period.<p>

Kman
10-12-2000, 11:28 AM

uh, yeah
10-12-2000, 12:48 PM

racecar
10-12-2000, 03:09 PM
I don't remember who exactly, but people posted that even tho it was in writing, they still were being told that the dealer told them that they were gonna charge more than msrp.. i don't kno if this can be done, but someone mentioned it before<p><p><i><br> <p></i><br>

Mike
10-12-2000, 04:48 PM
Actually, they only made three negative comments about the interior: 1)plasticky accents, 2)chrome rimmed dials are too small, and 3)orange alphanumeric displays. If you ask me, I LIKE the fact that BMW keeps with the same color on their interior lighting, at least in the models that I have ridden in. <p>After the negative remarks, they lathered praise upon the seats, their leather and bolstering, as well as the footrest and polished/lighted shifter knob.<p>Pretty positive review, all things taken into account.<br>

DC from Cape Cod
10-12-2000, 08:31 PM

#'s are confused man
10-13-2000, 08:36 PM
<i><br>I just got the november issue of Automobile and they have the M3 on the cover. It's red. say it does 0-62 in 4.8 seconds as opposed to BMW's claimed 0-60 in 5.2 official bhp is 333 at 7900 RPMs. car is limited at 155 mph and mpg is claimed to be 19.8 but their test car did 16.9 mpg. Weight of the monster is 3454 lbs. Main competitors they say are: Jaguar XKR, Merc. Benz CLK55 AMG, and the Porsche 911 Carrera. 50-75 mph is timed at 5.4 seconds in fourth gear. The braking takes 2.6 seconds, or 115 feet to go from 62 to zero. Basically Automobile just bitches about how the interior sucks. They complain about the plastic looking aluminum and they say the chrome rimmed dials are too small. They also say the base price is 'estimated' to be $49,500 U.S. of course. But we all know we won't be able to get one at that price. Damn markups. If this is old info to any of you, sorry about that, but I noticed no one knew exactly the stats on this car and everyone had different numbers but these are the right ones. Don't flame me for posting anything obvious. Thanks<p></i><br>

Ward
10-15-2000, 03:34 AM
<i><p>I just got the november issue of Automobile and they have the M3 on the cover. It's red. say it does 0-62 in 4.8 seconds as opposed to BMW's claimed 0-60 in 5.2 official bhp is 333 at 7900 RPMs. car is limited at 155 mph and mpg is claimed to be 19.8 but their test car did 16.9 mpg. Weight of the monster is 3454 lbs. Main competitors they say are: Jaguar XKR, Merc. Benz CLK55 AMG, and the Porsche 911 Carrera. 50-75 mph is timed at 5.4 seconds in fourth gear. The braking takes 2.6 seconds, or 115 feet to go from 62 to zero. Basically Automobile just bitches about how the interior sucks. They complain about the plastic looking aluminum and they say the chrome rimmed dials are too small. They also say the base price is 'estimated' to be $49,500 U.S. of course. But we all know we won't be able to get one at that price. Damn markups. If this is old info to any of you, sorry about that, but I noticed no one knew exactly the stats on this car and everyone had different numbers but these are the right ones. Don't flame me for posting anything obvious. Thanks<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index