Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

racecar
10-17-2000, 03:29 PM
i just thought i'd give my 0.02 by saying how great side airbags are.. i was just involved in a spin out last night exiting a freeway. i spun in 180 degrees and hit a curb hard and was 45 degrees in the air (two wheels of the ground) i don't know exactly when the aig bag engaged (it all happened so quickly) but if it didn't, i would have slammed straight into the door and posible thru the side window. this is all in a '98 dinan stage 3 m3. glad to hear there are something like 8 airbags in the e46, can't wait.

Ken V.
10-17-2000, 03:57 PM
<i><br>i just thought i'd give my 0.02 by saying how great side airbags are.. i was just involved in a spin out last night exiting a freeway. i spun in 180 degrees and hit a curb hard and was 45 degrees in the air (two wheels of the ground) i don't know exactly when the aig bag engaged (it all happened so quickly) but if it didn't, i would have slammed straight into the door and posible thru the side window. this is all in a '98 dinan stage 3 m3. glad to hear there are something like 8 airbags in the e46, can't wait.<p></i><br>

Mystikal in TO
10-17-2000, 04:23 PM
OMG! I'm so glad you're ok! We would hate to lose such a long time contributer to this board, let alone anyone else.<p>BTW, i feel like i know your car since i've heard u talk about it over the past few months...how's it doing now?

racecar
10-17-2000, 06:39 PM
well, the back left tire is bent in, so the ael may be broken. the suspension will most likely have to be replaced (dinan.. so expensive). the front bumber is kinda banged up, so that's gotta be replaced. it's kinda dirty, so i can't tell if the paint is scratched up, but i imagine it is. other than that, the side airbag is out and just things are strewn about.. <p>i guess even dinan suspension doesn't make the m3 invinceable.. *sigh*<p><i><br>OMG! I'm so glad you're ok! We would hate to lose such a long time contributer to this board, let alone anyone else.<p>BTW, i feel like i know your car since i've heard u talk about it over the past few months...how's it doing now?<p></i><br>

racecar
10-17-2000, 06:41 PM
<i><p>i just thought i'd give my 0.02 by saying how great side airbags are.. i was just involved in a spin out last night exiting a freeway. i spun in 180 degrees and hit a curb hard and was 45 degrees in the air (two wheels of the ground) i don't know exactly when the aig bag engaged (it all happened so quickly) but if it didn't, i would have slammed straight into the door and posible thru the side window. this is all in a '98 dinan stage 3 m3. glad to hear there are something like 8 airbags in the e46, can't wait.<p><br></i><br>

Mr. Grinch
10-17-2000, 08:48 PM
You should just give one of us your E46 M3 when you get it because you're obviously going to need some time to recover and collect your thoughts.<br>

racecar
10-17-2000, 10:12 PM
<i><br>You should just give one of us your E46 M3 when you get it because you're obviously going to need some time to recover and collect your thoughts.<p></i><br>

Mr. Grinch
10-17-2000, 10:28 PM
<i><p>You should just give one of us your E46 M3 when you get it because you're obviously going to need some time to recover and collect your thoughts.<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index