Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Curious
10-18-2000, 09:53 PM
I heard today from a very reliable source that one of the largest BMW dealers is no longer taking orders or deposits on the M3. Too many people are complaining, perhaps rightfully so. Has anyone else heard anything similar. The people in customer relations at corporate headquarters, or in Boston are being told to say, "I'm sorry, but, at this time I'm not in a position to make any predictions. I apologize but when the Company is ready, they'll make a statement." You can call 1-800-831 1117, or, (201)-307 4000. If you hear anything different please post it. I have an MB 430 Cab. coming in Dec. so I need to make a decision. Thanks.

jedinite
10-18-2000, 10:23 PM
Jon Shafer and Cutter Motors stopped taking deposits on the e46 M3 several months ago. All this means is that they've got more orders (somewhere between 50-60 if memory serves) than they think they can fill in a reasonable amount of time, and don't want to waste people's time getting on the list.<p>Nothing to be woried about, IMHO. Just find another dealer with a much smaller list.

M3docwannabe
10-18-2000, 10:34 PM
....isn't taking any more orders. I am going to wait for them to get the first year bugs out anyway....<br><i><br>I heard today from a very reliable source that one of the largest BMW dealers is no longer taking orders or deposits on the M3. Too many people are complaining, perhaps rightfully so. Has anyone else heard anything similar. The people in customer relations at corporate headquarters, or in Boston are being told to say, "I'm sorry, but, at this time I'm not in a position to make any predictions. I apologize but when the Company is ready, they'll make a statement." You can call 1-800-831 1117, or, (201)-307 4000. If you hear anything different please post it. I have an MB 430 Cab. coming in Dec. so I need to make a decision. Thanks. <p></i><br>

marc b
10-19-2000, 12:34 AM
BMW fairfax in VA and Herb Chambers in MA have both closed their lists....<br>-m<br><i><br>Jon Shafer and Cutter Motors stopped taking deposits on the e46 M3 several months ago. All this means is that they've got more orders (somewhere between 50-60 if memory serves) than they think they can fill in a reasonable amount of time, and don't want to waste people's time getting on the list.<p>Nothing to be woried about, IMHO. Just find another dealer with a much smaller list.<p></i><br>

Bill
10-19-2000, 07:50 AM
Any idea how many thye have on their list? I'm no 19 with an deposit placed last March 6. The frustrating thing to me is the lack of forthcoming information from BMW - why the delay, what really is wrong. Will there be a reliability issue, and at what rate (quantity) do they intend to produce these cars?<p><br><i><br>BMW fairfax in VA and Herb Chambers in MA have both closed their lists....<br>-m<p>Jon Shafer and Cutter Motors stopped taking deposits on the e46 M3 several months ago. All this means is that they've got more orders (somewhere between 50-60 if memory serves) than they think they can fill in a reasonable amount of time, and don't want to waste people's time getting on the list.<p>Nothing to be woried about, IMHO. Just find another dealer with a much smaller list.<p><br></i><br>

CP
10-19-2000, 09:37 AM
It's not a reliability but a production issue. With over 100 on the "list" at VOB they won't take additional orders because they can't ensure delivery. I'm happy being #7 and am looking forward to working the bugs out for those who chose to wait.<p><i><br>Any idea how many thye have on their list? I'm no 19 with an deposit placed last March 6. The frustrating thing to me is the lack of forthcoming information from BMW - why the delay, what really is wrong. Will there be a reliability issue, and at what rate (quantity) do they intend to produce these cars?<p><p>BMW fairfax in VA and Herb Chambers in MA have both closed their lists....<br>-m<p>Jon Shafer and Cutter Motors stopped taking deposits on the e46 M3 several months ago. All this means is that they've got more orders (somewhere between 50-60 if memory serves) than they think they can fill in a reasonable amount of time, and don't want to waste people's time getting on the list.<p>Nothing to be woried about, IMHO. Just find another dealer with a much smaller list.<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index