Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

loki
11-25-2000, 03:27 PM
Hi folks,<p>Just visiting from the e46 M3 forum. Looks like my #3 spot is being pushed further into next year so I'm looking the possibility of an interim M Coupe and potentially changing my order to a '02 when SMG and other options will be avialable.<p>Question about the engine. Rumor was the M Coupe would get the new S54(?) 333bhp engine in '01. Given the past news of part intolerances and delays on this engine variant, has the projected Jan 1st SOP for the M Coupe been delayed?<p>any M Coupe shortcomings that bother people? I drove Animboy's and it was a blast, I loved it. I was wondering what other long term owners have experienced (problems, pluses or otherwise).<p>thanks<br>-loki<br>

Easy Rhino
11-25-2000, 03:31 PM
I don't have any details but my salesman has a deposit of his own down for this car. I'm not sure if they will build it for 2001 though.<p><i><br>Hi folks,<p>Just visiting from the e46 M3 forum. Looks like my #3 spot is being pushed further into next year so I'm looking the possibility of an interim M Coupe and potentially changing my order to a '02 when SMG and other options will be avialable.<p>Question about the engine. Rumor was the M Coupe would get the new S54(?) 333bhp engine in '01. Given the past news of part intolerances and delays on this engine variant, has the projected Jan 1st SOP for the M Coupe been delayed?<p>any M Coupe shortcomings that bother people? I drove Animboy's and it was a blast, I loved it. I was wondering what other long term owners have experienced (problems, pluses or otherwise).<p>thanks<br>-loki<p></i><br>

James
11-25-2000, 03:42 PM
I have the 2001 Italian "M" catalog. It lists the Coupe and Roadster as coming with last years euro 323 HP engine (matched to a 5 speed trans), therefore you can expect US spec cars to retain the old 240 HP version.

loki
11-25-2000, 03:56 PM
Whatta dummy...<p>=)

the 2001 is coming soon.
11-25-2000, 05:59 PM
<i><br>I don't have any details but my salesman has a deposit of his own down for this car. I'm not sure if they will build it for 2001 though.<p><br>Hi folks,<p>Just visiting from the e46 M3 forum. Looks like my #3 spot is being pushed further into next year so I'm looking the possibility of an interim M Coupe and potentially changing my order to a '02 when SMG and other options will be avialable.<p>Question about the engine. Rumor was the M Coupe would get the new S54(?) 333bhp engine in '01. Given the past news of part intolerances and delays on this engine variant, has the projected Jan 1st SOP for the M Coupe been delayed?<p>any M Coupe shortcomings that bother people? I drove Animboy's and it was a blast, I loved it. I was wondering what other long term owners have experienced (problems, pluses or otherwise).<p>thanks<br>-loki<p><br></i><br>

JohnJ
11-27-2000, 09:05 PM
<i><p>The M coupe will be built in 2001 and will have approx. 282HP

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index