Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Chris
11-27-2000, 09:25 PM
I was at the Sydney International Motor Show yesterday and had a good look at a lime green/yellow/gold (???) M3. I picked up a copy of the Austrlian specification sheet and it says that SMGII is standard on the Australian spec cars? Now, as I remember the SMG was a $5000'ish option on the E36 M3. The nasty part is that the spec sheet says that they will fit the 6 speed manual as a NCO (no cost option). Does that sound right to anyone here. THey fit as standard what was previously a $5000 option and if you don't want it they take it out and keep the $5000 that it cost to put it in ????<p>I suppose the saving grace is that the Australian price is quoted at $136,000 which is the same as the outgoing cars price, so really they aren't ripping anyone off after all....<p>Chris<br>

Mr. Grinch
11-27-2000, 10:07 PM
when Austrailia might see delivery?<p>It does sound kinda strange to hear SMG II for same price as standard. But then here in Canada they're saying glass sunroof is standard, and you have to pay to get rid of it, while just south of the border in USA, they pay extra for it. <p>So are you looking at SMG seriously or no?<br>

Tony
11-27-2000, 11:08 PM
<i><br>Delivery is expected around May/June '01.<p>SMG-II has 'paddles' on the wheel much like the 360 Moderna. Assuming it doesn't affect performance as much as on the E36 I think it might be pretty good.<p>Anyone know more about this/ seen a review?<p></i><br>

Chris
11-28-2000, 12:17 AM
The BMW reps said that first delivery would take place in June/July 2001. I asked about what it would take to get on a waiting list and he said AU$1000 but that the first allotment were gone and the best would be end of 2001 for delivery.<BR><BR>I'm not after SMG that's why I am disapointed that they don't refund the AU$5000 <br>if you ask for the manual.<p>Chris<p><p><i><br>when Austrailia might see delivery?<p>It does sound kinda strange to hear SMG II for same price as standard. But then here in Canada they're saying glass sunroof is standard, and you have to pay to get rid of it, while just south of the border in USA, they pay extra for it. <p>So are you looking at SMG seriously or no?<p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index