Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

To the enthusiasts.<p>While we wait, anyone have any thoughts on this car. It seems like a rocket and can be had fairly reasonably, evidently. Not terribly obvious. Anyone ever drive a '92 or thereabouts? Like it?

RandyB
11-28-2000, 07:17 PM
This was a great car. I had the 2.88 rear replaced with a 3.22 (RennTech) and a computer module upgrade as well and had the first gear start module put in. Talk about torque. This car would routinely smoke Porsche's, Vettes, and yes even M3's. <p>I would have to advise aganist one though. They have all been driven hard and parts are not super avaliable, although they are out there. There is nothing cheap about this car to fix. There was a great writeup in European Car about a year ago on buying a 500E/E500. They had it in their super buy series. I sold mine a year ago with 33,000 miles and I drove it hard but mine was well cared for. <p>If you decide to get one, make sure you have someone who is well qualified look it over and if they say it is ok, have fun.<p>Randy-Las Vegas<br></i><br>

performance and slushbox don't mix.
11-28-2000, 07:35 PM
<i><br>To the enthusiasts.<p>While we wait, anyone have any thoughts on this car. It seems like a rocket and can be had fairly reasonably, evidently. Not terribly obvious. Anyone ever drive a '92 or thereabouts? Like it?<p></i><br>

Ran
11-28-2000, 08:22 PM
i know of one of them <p><i><br>This was a great car. I had the 2.88 rear replaced with a 3.22 (RennTech) and a computer module upgrade as well and had the first gear start module put in. Talk about torque. This car would routinely smoke Porsche's, Vettes, and yes even M3's. <p>I would have to advise aganist one though. They have all been driven hard and parts are not super avaliable, although they are out there. There is nothing cheap about this car to fix. There was a great writeup in European Car about a year ago on buying a 500E/E500. They had it in their super buy series. I sold mine a year ago with 33,000 miles and I drove it hard but mine was well cared for. <p>If you decide to get one, make sure you have someone who is well qualified look it over and if they say it is ok, have fun.<p>Randy-Las Vegas<p></i><br>

KJK
11-29-2000, 12:30 PM
<i><br>To the enthusiasts.<p>While we wait, anyone have any thoughts on this car. It seems like a rocket and can be had fairly reasonably, evidently. Not terribly obvious. Anyone ever drive a '92 or thereabouts? Like it?<p></i><br>

RandyB
11-29-2000, 12:55 PM
<i><br>i know of one of them <p><br>This was a great car. I had the 2.88 rear replaced with a 3.22 (RennTech) and a computer module upgrade as well and had the first gear start module put in. Talk about torque. This car would routinely smoke Porsche's, Vettes, and yes even M3's. <p>I would have to advise aganist one though. They have all been driven hard and parts are not super avaliable, although they are out there. There is nothing cheap about this car to fix. There was a great writeup in European Car about a year ago on buying a 500E/E500. They had it in their super buy series. I sold mine a year ago with 33,000 miles and I drove it hard but mine was well cared for. <p>If you decide to get one, make sure you have someone who is well qualified look it over and if they say it is ok, have fun.<p>Randy-Las Vegas<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index