Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Josh
11-29-2000, 05:54 AM
Anybody knows which dealers have waiting list to sign up for the new M3's, I called a couple but they said there's no such thing....

Bruce
11-29-2000, 10:48 AM
<i>Anybody knows which dealers have waiting list to sign up for the new M3's, I called a couple but they said there's no such thing....</i><p>Dealers that deny waiting lists are wanting to "charge market price" for the car when it comes out (probably 10k over MSRP in some markets, but with the stock market the way it is who knows). IMO, this is a BAD way to gain loyal customers, sacrifice the profits now to get a loyal customer that will continue to buy BMWs. BMW owners are some of the most loyal customers out there and trying to get a few more dollars out of them now will inevitably lose dollars in the long run (but the dealers are too greedy and short sighted to see this). <p>rant off

loki
11-29-2000, 01:08 PM
<br>CA in general, they are far and few between. Most are waiting to set market price, others, if at MSRP, have waiting lists waist deep already. This is my take from calling ALL California dealers about 5 months ago to get on a list.<p>They're out there, but you have to hunt.<p><i><br>Anybody knows which dealers have waiting list to sign up for the new M3's, I called a couple but they said there's no such thing....<p></i><br>

H.N
11-29-2000, 01:14 PM
When i decided to be on the waiting list about 3-4 months ago, i called 4 dealers, South Bay BMW, Pacific BMW in Glendale, Shelly in Buena Park, and another one in Valencia and they all wanted $1000 for deposit. I decided to stick with South Bay to be on the 5th slot even though at Pacific, i would have been number 1 (their process was too slow and i lost interest).<p>BTW, anyone has any experience with South Bay BMW? How big are they? They refuse to say if they would sell them at msrp or with mark up.<br><i><br>Anybody knows which dealers have waiting list to sign up for the new M3's, I called a couple but they said there's no such thing....<p></i><br>

/
11-29-2000, 01:27 PM
<i><br>Anybody knows which dealers have waiting list to sign up for the new M3's, I called a couple but they said there's no such thing....<p>Dealers that deny waiting lists are wanting to "charge market price" for the car when it comes out (probably 10k over MSRP in some markets, but with the stock market the way it is who knows). IMO, this is a BAD way to gain loyal customers, sacrifice the profits now to get a loyal customer that will continue to buy BMWs. BMW owners are some of the most loyal customers out there and trying to get a few more dollars out of them now will inevitably lose dollars in the long run (but the dealers are too greedy and short sighted to see this). <p>rant off <p></i><br>

spook
11-29-2000, 05:59 PM
I'm not a fan of South Bay BMW (formerly Vasek Polak). I had an appointment to see a 540i last year, and after travelling an hour, neither the salesman nor the car was available. He had the day off and the car was in the detail shop. Nobody else was willing to help. It was a total waste of my valuable Sunday...I don't do business with companies that treat potential customers that way.

Harry Tashdjian
11-29-2000, 10:18 PM
Ive been hunting for dealers that will give me a car for msrp in southern californa. The only two i have found is crevier bmw and steve thomas bmw. I put deposits at both these dealerships. All other dealers in southern california are not taking deposits, they will be marking up the price of the car.

StoneWalk
11-29-2000, 10:57 PM
<br>I confirm that those two are the last ones in the area that appear to have open lists. Curious: How high have their lists gotten?<p>I know that a lot of dealers stopped taking list deposits since they were convinced that the people already on board would account for most of their allocation. In fact I thought this was a rather good move by them, provided they give a means to get back on the list when cars start flowing and they begin taking deposits again.<p>If those open lists are above 40 or 50, you might be as well off waiting for someone else to being taking deposits again around Feb or March as the cars begin flowing and the closed list dealers get a better feel for what they can promise their would be customers...<p>

EricS
11-30-2000, 02:46 AM
<i><br>Ive been hunting for dealers that will give me a car for msrp in southern californa. The only two i have found is crevier bmw and steve thomas bmw. I put deposits at both these dealerships. All other dealers in southern california are not taking deposits, they will be marking up the price of the car.<p></i><br>are you sure they are going to sell you M3 for MSRP????

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index