Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

#1 in cleveland
12-01-2000, 10:29 AM
latest news on delivery....there will be an equal amount of convertibles made as coupes...approx..1500 each and they will start delivery of them both in February/March 2001..my dealer just called after meeting with bmw na<p>bottom line you folks with coupe orders at dealers with long lists...forget it for a good while

///M3 Conv
12-01-2000, 01:22 PM
<i><br>latest news on delivery....there will be an equal amount of convertibles made as coupes...approx..1500 each and they will start delivery of them both in February/March 2001..my dealer just called after meeting with bmw na<p>bottom line you folks with coupe orders at dealers with long lists...forget it for a good while<p></i><br>

David J
12-01-2000, 01:30 PM
Has anyone else heard this from their dealers? My dealer from the beginning was telling my March/April for my cabrio.<p>Guess they were right!

#1 in cleveland
12-01-2000, 04:47 PM
<i><br>yes.....conv. will actually slightly exceed coupes in US...i'm very surprised myself...my guess is conv. will be $6-8M more and .2-.3 slower in 0-60<br>latest news on delivery....there will be an equal amount of convertibles made as coupes...approx..1500 each and they will start delivery of them both in February/March 2001..my dealer just called after meeting with bmw na<p>bottom line you folks with coupe orders at dealers with long lists...forget it for a good while<p><br></i><br>

Jim
12-01-2000, 10:25 PM
Man if this is true, a lot of people are going to be disappointed !<p>If production runs Feb-July, 6 months production for 1500 cars = 250 cars / month<br>given 355 BMW centers listed at BMW/NA web site<br>That is LESS THAN 1 coupe / dealer / month ! (.704)<br>Man you are going to have quite a few ballistic people waiting out there !<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index