Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

M3
12-01-2000, 06:52 PM
I am sorry, but most reviewers at least have a clue what<br>is up with suspension, tuning, tire pressure etc. More so <br>than The racer wannnabes, Go to Spartenburg, do an SCCA <br>class or something, The car they drove may oversteer at the limit, Ok well next time you are doing pits at a ALMS race <br>Just let some air out, that will fix it !!! Go to the M center at the Nurburgring, Go to Munich, try the A-8<p>No wonder they refer to some as Ugly americans !!<p>

Nizar
12-02-2000, 05:09 PM
<i><br>I am sorry, but most reviewers at least have a clue what<br>is up with suspension, tuning, tire pressure etc. More so <br>than The racer wannnabes, Go to Spartenburg, do an SCCA <br>class or something, The car they drove may oversteer at the limit, Ok well next time you are doing pits at a ALMS race <br>Just let some air out, that will fix it !!! Go to the M center at the Nurburgring, Go to Munich, try the A-8<p>No wonder they refer to some as Ugly americans !!<p></i><p>Ok, but so what is your point? Regardless of how kewl the car is, changing tire pressure drastically affects at the limit behavior. <p>Ok like I even care. It's not like I'm gonna go to racetracks every weekend with a new M3 and a helmet. 9/10ths driving on public roads is good enough for me! ;-)

Hagen
12-03-2000, 09:26 AM
Here you are replying to a generalization with a generalization. How effective is that?<p>The example of what appears to be an ill-informed journalist is found in the C&D artile on the M3.<p>An example of people you generalize as racer wanna be's who know what they are talking about are all around you. Just look into the archives and you'll see the thread on the C&D article as well as over/understeer adjustments with tire pressure.<p>Hagen

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index