Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

AutobahnC5
12-02-2000, 07:51 PM
Just curious but if there are only 3k M3s coming stateside and there are, what 100+ guys and gals on this forum that are near refusing to pay above MSRP. Do you feel that it is still going to be possible to drive an M3 in the not to distant future? My impression of US BMW dealers is based on what happened with the M5 release and does not look good for the unfilthy "sure ill pay 20k over retail" rich set. If your on a list does this prevent the dealer from marking up the price once production begins?<p> I hope my local dealer assurtions that I will have one of the first are true. 6 thru 9 Dec the dealership in Wieden Germany will have an M3 demo hopefully it will be one with a popular color combo so I can post a pic for the forum.

D.A. 2001
12-02-2000, 08:18 PM
<i><br>Just curious but if there are only 3k M3s coming stateside and there are, what 100+ guys and gals on this forum that are near refusing to pay above MSRP. Do you feel that it is still going to be possible to drive an M3 in the not to distant future? My impression of US BMW dealers is based on what happened with the M5 release and does not look good for the unfilthy "sure ill pay 20k over retail" rich set. If your on a list does this prevent the dealer from marking up the price once production begins?<p> I hope my local dealer assurtions that I will have one of the first are true. 6 thru 9 Dec the dealership in Wieden Germany will have an M3 demo hopefully it will be one with a popular color combo so I can post a pic for the forum.<p></i> I will not buy the M3 for 2001. I might wait till things cool off then get one. What the hell I might just trade in my boxster S for a 996 cabrio.<br>

MGuy
12-03-2000, 12:37 AM
<i><p> I will not buy the M3 for 2001. I might wait till things cool off then get one. What the hell I might just trade in my boxster S for a 996 cabrio.<p></i><p>Smart man. That's the way to go. I decided to pass on the '01 model also - even though I have a #5 spot at a local dealership. Things need to simmer down a bit.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index