Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Tim
12-04-2000, 09:44 AM
I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments on color choices for their future E46 M3s it has been quite entertaining. I am curious as to why no one has ever mentioned Alpine white as their choice of color.....lots of Titanium silver, Carbon black, Phoenix yellow, Imola red and so on, but never white. I do recall one posting a while back when a guy ripped someone for even considering white as it reminded him of the VW Rabbit driving chicks from the 80s, which by the way brings back enjoyable memories for me, but getting back to the point. Is white just not considered cool or what? I have never had the opportunity to see a white E46 M3 in person, but I can only imagine it would show off this great car's shapely contour and lines. I will also be driving this car in a cloudy and wet environment which is another important factor.<p>I am probably going to order mine in white with the black Napa leather and aluminum trim, but I would really be interested in hearing opinions about this color combination. Thank you in advance.

Alex328is
12-04-2000, 11:13 AM
I've seen a pic of the M3 in white and it looks awesome. My current 328is is white, and all of my previous cars were white also. I think it will look best in white also. The only color I think looks better is estoril blue, but since they're not coming out with anything close I'd also pick white. I agree with you 100%, your car will look great.<p>-Alex328is<br>

Tone
12-04-2000, 11:31 AM
i have the exact same thoughts and will be driving in the same climate - you're not from seattle are you?<p>regardless, i was thinking white w/ cinimon leather. carbon black w/ cinimon may be another thought, but i don't know if the swirl mark issue and cleaning issue is basically as bad w/ CB - if so - i'm back to white.<p>anyones comments or experience would be appreciated.<p><i><br>I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments on color choices for their future E46 M3s it has been quite entertaining. I am curious as to why no one has ever mentioned Alpine white as their choice of color.....lots of Titanium silver, Carbon black, Phoenix yellow, Imola red and so on, but never white. I do recall one posting a while back when a guy ripped someone for even considering white as it reminded him of the VW Rabbit driving chicks from the 80s, which by the way brings back enjoyable memories for me, but getting back to the point. Is white just not considered cool or what? I have never had the opportunity to see a white E46 M3 in person, but I can only imagine it would show off this great car's shapely contour and lines. I will also be driving this car in a cloudy and wet environment which is another important factor.<p>I am probably going to order mine in white with the black Napa leather and aluminum trim, but I would really be interested in hearing opinions about this color combination. Thank you in advance.<p></i><br>

rca
12-04-2000, 12:11 PM
<br><i><br>I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments on color choices for their future E46 M3s it has been quite entertaining. I am curious as to why no one has ever mentioned Alpine white as their choice of color.....lots of Titanium silver, Carbon black, Phoenix yellow, Imola red and so on, but never white. I do recall one posting a while back when a guy ripped someone for even considering white as it reminded him of the VW Rabbit driving chicks from the 80s, which by the way brings back enjoyable memories for me, but getting back to the point. Is white just not considered cool or what? I have never had the opportunity to see a white E46 M3 in person, but I can only imagine it would show off this great car's shapely contour and lines. I will also be driving this car in a cloudy and wet environment which is another important factor.<p>I am probably going to order mine in white with the black Napa leather and aluminum trim, but I would really be interested in hearing opinions about this color combination. Thank you in advance.<p></i><br>xxxx<br>fan base. I once asked about opinions on white here, and several strong arguments were made in its favor, notwithstanding the looks, but its durability and relative ease of maintenance. It's somewhere in the archives. Alpine white, imo, is a very good looking white.

GregW in Oregon
12-04-2000, 12:13 PM
unless I go Ti silver.

Tim
12-04-2000, 12:13 PM
Yup, I am indeed from Seattle. I guess the cloudy and wet climate was a dead giveaway eh? By the way, I thought that the cinnamon interior wasn't available for the Carbon black because that thought did cross my mind as well. I still think the CB is going to get dirty too easily in any case. Besides I still like white. Who knows, maybe it will be a rarity since people will be ordering more "unusual" colors.....<p><i><br>i have the exact same thoughts and will be driving in the same climate - you're not from seattle are you?<p>regardless, i was thinking white w/ cinimon leather. carbon black w/ cinimon may be another thought, but i don't know if the swirl mark issue and cleaning issue is basically as bad w/ CB - if so - i'm back to white.<p>anyones comments or experience would be appreciated.<p><br>I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments on color choices for their future E46 M3s it has been quite entertaining. I am curious as to why no one has ever mentioned Alpine white as their choice of color.....lots of Titanium silver, Carbon black, Phoenix yellow, Imola red and so on, but never white. I do recall one posting a while back when a guy ripped someone for even considering white as it reminded him of the VW Rabbit driving chicks from the 80s, which by the way brings back enjoyable memories for me, but getting back to the point. Is white just not considered cool or what? I have never had the opportunity to see a white E46 M3 in person, but I can only imagine it would show off this great car's shapely contour and lines. I will also be driving this car in a cloudy and wet environment which is another important factor.<p>I am probably going to order mine in white with the black Napa leather and aluminum trim, but I would really be interested in hearing opinions about this color combination. Thank you in advance.<p><br></i><br>

NJ
12-04-2000, 12:43 PM
<i><br>I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments on color choices for their future E46 M3s it has been quite entertaining. I am curious as to why no one has ever mentioned Alpine white as their choice of color.....lots of Titanium silver, Carbon black, Phoenix yellow, Imola red and so on, but never white. I do recall one posting a while back when a guy ripped someone for even considering white as it reminded him of the VW Rabbit driving chicks from the 80s, which by the way brings back enjoyable memories for me, but getting back to the point. Is white just not considered cool or what? I have never had the opportunity to see a white E46 M3 in person, but I can only imagine it would show off this great car's shapely contour and lines. I will also be driving this car in a cloudy and wet environment which is another important factor.<p>I am probably going to order mine in white with the black Napa leather and aluminum trim, but I would really be interested in hearing opinions about this color combination. Thank you in advance.<p></i><br>

Dave Y
12-04-2000, 01:34 PM

Easy Rhino
12-04-2000, 02:36 PM

JRB
12-04-2000, 02:59 PM
<i><br>I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments on color choices for their future E46 M3s it has been quite entertaining. I am curious as to why no one has ever mentioned Alpine white as their choice of color.....lots of Titanium silver, Carbon black, Phoenix yellow, Imola red and so on, but never white. I do recall one posting a while back when a guy ripped someone for even considering white as it reminded him of the VW Rabbit driving chicks from the 80s, which by the way brings back enjoyable memories for me, but getting back to the point. Is white just not considered cool or what? I have never had the opportunity to see a white E46 M3 in person, but I can only imagine it would show off this great car's shapely contour and lines. I will also be driving this car in a cloudy and wet environment which is another important factor.<p>I am probably going to order mine in white with the black Napa leather and aluminum trim, but I would really be interested in hearing opinions about this color combination. Thank you in advance.<p></i><br>

Matt B
12-04-2000, 03:36 PM
My E36 M3 was Alpine White and I loved it. I will see how the new one works before I decide on Color. Silver would be awesome too, and black always invokes "mystery" about the driver.<p>Any of those three would work.<p>MB

racer
12-04-2000, 04:04 PM

sqwuak box
12-04-2000, 06:55 PM
<br><i><br> <p></i><br>

Justin(OKC)
12-04-2000, 11:23 PM
I presently own a nice 91 300ZX twin turbo and it is black. Black is really my favorite color for a car but the swirls have just haunted me too much. I like to keep a car very clean and it really bugs me to catch the sightly swirl marks in the sun at the right angles.<p>I will be graduating from dental school in a few years and I will be getting an M3 at some point. At this point my Z is modded quite a bit and the M3 will not be as fast, but I don't care. I want to pick a color that will look awesome no matter what. It is hard to keep a daily driver looking perfect when the paint is dark. White is very forgiving. Yellow is pretty good too.<p>If I completely fall in love the the Phoenix Yellow I will probably get it, but if there is any part of it I don't like I will get white with black or imola interior. I keep going by my local dealer and look at the white 328Ci in their lot. Odds are that I will get the white mainly because of maintanence issues. White is easy to clean, hides a lot, and can look beautiful. I'm just too much of a perfectionist with my car and I don't want to get an M3 if I can't feel comfortable driving it because I don't want to let the sun hit it. So mark me down for a probable white/black with aluminum M3 in a few years. I'm planning on mild suspension stuff and some 19" Fikse's or BBS LM's. Probably going to put DRPOWER on my license plate for the double meaning.<p>Justin Power

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index