Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Marty Wright
12-04-2000, 06:25 PM
My dealer just got his first allocation.<p>Does that mean there will be more later in the year? What is the usual time-frame for a allocation - 3 months, 6 months?

Bruce
12-04-2000, 06:53 PM
<i>My dealer just got his first allocation.<p>Does that mean there will be more later in the year? What is the usual time-frame for a allocation - 3 months, 6 months?</i><p>Allocation is on a month-by-month basis and occurs at the end of the month (I believe it is usually around the 23rd) for production 2 months into the future. IOW- around Nov 23rd the dealers were notified how many of each car their dealership was going to get for January produced cars. In late December they will get allocation numbers for Feburary builds.<p>Allocations at other times of the month are special allocations and are very rare.<p>I have not heard of any US dealer getting any allocation for January E46 M3 builds, so you info might not be 100% correct (either you misunderstood or they didn't tell the whole truth or the dealer misunderstood what BMW told them).<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index