Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

GregW in Oregon
12-05-2000, 12:43 AM
I seem to recall reading reviews (e.g., Car and Driver 7/00)of the current E46 (323i) cabriolet which thought torsional stiffnes was pretty marginal. How do you think it will handle almost double the hp? Granted, I'm sure it will be stiffened some.

Bcar
12-05-2000, 12:51 AM
<i><br>I seem to recall reading reviews (e.g., Car and Driver 7/00)of the current E46 (323i) cabriolet which thought torsional stiffnes was pretty marginal. How do you think it will handle almost double the hp? Granted, I'm sure it will be stiffened some.<p></i><br>

Henry
12-05-2000, 04:25 AM
<br>Apart from exotic cars that use tubular frames, all cars using unitized bodies for convertibles will have more body flex compared to coupes or sedans. <p><br><i><br>I seem to recall reading reviews (e.g., Car and Driver 7/00)of the current E46 (323i) cabriolet which thought torsional stiffnes was pretty marginal. How do you think it will handle almost double the hp? Granted, I'm sure it will be stiffened some.<p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index