Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

AWolf
12-11-2000, 03:11 PM
I am an avid reader of the posts. It is clear that BMW is going to lose many customers (myself included) if they do not offer a solution for a smaller high powered, great handling 4-door car. The M5 is great, but not as nimble as the E46 model. I am currently #2 on the waitlist in the Boston area for the M3. However, I am now seriously considering a C32 AMG, New 2002 S4, or the M5. BMW listen to your customers and build us a 4 door M3. (ideally with SMG) Thank you.

Ray Koch
12-11-2000, 03:15 PM
There will not be a 4 door for MY2001. But there is a excellant chance that BMW will build a 4 door for the US in following model years, maybe next year.

///Major Havoc
12-11-2000, 03:17 PM
<i><br></i><br>

lk
12-11-2000, 04:17 PM
<i><br>I am an avid reader of the posts. It is clear that BMW is going to lose many customers (myself included) if they do not offer a solution for a smaller high powered, great handling 4-door car. The M5 is great, but not as nimble as the E46 model. I am currently #2 on the waitlist in the Boston area for the M3. However, I am now seriously considering a C32 AMG, New 2002 S4, or the M5. BMW listen to your customers and build us a 4 door M3. (ideally with SMG) Thank you. <p></i><br>

Bcar
12-11-2000, 04:20 PM
<i><br>I am an avid reader of the posts. It is clear that BMW is going to lose many customers (myself included) if they do not offer a solution for a smaller high powered, great handling 4-door car. The M5 is great, but not as nimble as the E46 model. I am currently #2 on the waitlist in the Boston area for the M3. However, I am now seriously considering a C32 AMG, New 2002 S4, or the M5. BMW listen to your customers and build us a 4 door M3. (ideally with SMG) Thank you. <p></i><br>

those off road things.
12-11-2000, 04:38 PM

JJ M3
12-11-2000, 04:56 PM
<i>If Audi, MB, etc, etc, are going to make cars to fit everyone, then BMW should too. Love the cars, need a 4 door. Give the people what they want.<p><p>I am an avid reader of the posts. It is clear that BMW is going to lose many customers (myself included) if they do not offer a solution for a smaller high powered, great handling 4-door car. The M5 is great, but not as nimble as the E46 model. I am currently #2 on the waitlist in the Boston area for the M3. However, I am now seriously considering a C32 AMG, New 2002 S4, or the M5. BMW listen to your customers and build us a 4 door M3. (ideally with SMG) Thank you. <p><p></i>

John
12-11-2000, 05:06 PM
I need the extra doors but still want a great handling car = "sport sedan". If I wasn't interested in the extra room/doors I would buy an M coupe, Porsche, or Corvette. I think the M3 looks much better than the C32 though (esp the front end) - if the M3 will be available in a sedan - BMW just sold another car.<br><i><br>I am an avid reader of the posts. It is clear that BMW is going to lose many customers (myself included) if they do not offer a solution for a smaller high powered, great handling 4-door car. The M5 is great, but not as nimble as the E46 model. I am currently #2 on the waitlist in the Boston area for the M3. However, I am now seriously considering a C32 AMG, New 2002 S4, or the M5. BMW listen to your customers and build us a 4 door M3. (ideally with SMG) Thank you. <p></i><br>

uhho
12-11-2000, 05:08 PM

michaelm
12-11-2000, 06:07 PM
I don't care if they make M3 4-doors, convertibles, hatchbacks, wagons, or amphibian cars (for that matter), as long as they deliver the &!*%$#@ coupes first!

Jonny Estoril
12-11-2000, 06:15 PM

vertius
12-11-2000, 06:26 PM
What is the point of having a 4 seater in a coupe. A 4 door is more sensible.

Peter
12-11-2000, 06:32 PM
in the true M5 Touring, RS4 Avant, Alpina B3 3.3 Touring spirit - but better!

Justin(OKC)
12-11-2000, 06:48 PM
For those of you that say the M3 should stay a 2-door why don't you go out and get another sports car? I can't believe that some of you feel like your 2-door will be lessened or the M3 will be lessened if a 4-door is offered. I have a 2-door sports car now that is faster than the new M3. I want an E46 M3 in a very bad way, but I cannot justify having 2 cars myself that are 2-doors and stick my wife with the only 4-door car. If BMW doesn't come through with an E46 M3-4 then I'm going to have to consider something else. Odds are that I won't get an M5 because I don't want something that heavy and I want a more balanced car than that. I will probably opt for an S4 and modify the suspension and engine a lot (I know twin turbos anyway so that's a plus), or I will get a 97-99 M3-4 and put a turbo or SC on it. I would much rather have the E46 but I can't justify selling my highly modded 300ZX twin turbo that I have had for 6 years.

Justin(OKC)
12-11-2000, 06:53 PM

Eric
12-11-2000, 07:28 PM
Let's face it folks, fast 2-doors are easy to find. But a 4-door that really flies? BMW is THE company to do this and do it brilliantly, just like they did with the e36. M5 is nice, but it is big and too rich for my blood. That leaves...what? S4? Say it ain't so. Give us an M3 4-door! <p>Beside, I think the e46 looks better in 4 doors than 2 anyway...<p><i><br>I am an avid reader of the posts. It is clear that BMW is going to lose many customers (myself included) if they do not offer a solution for a smaller high powered, great handling 4-door car. The M5 is great, but not as nimble as the E46 model. I am currently #2 on the waitlist in the Boston area for the M3. However, I am now seriously considering a C32 AMG, New 2002 S4, or the M5. BMW listen to your customers and build us a 4 door M3. (ideally with SMG) Thank you. <p></i><br>

JMD///M3
12-11-2000, 08:25 PM
... Case in point, many people showed the same desire for a 4-dr E36 M3 (which many of us are enjoying now). Prior to the launch of the 4dr E6 M3, many said BMW wouldn't or shouldn't build it. Yeah right! Did BMW listen? Like hell they did. Mark this post, a 4 dr E46 will be built. It's only destined for this to happen for the E46 M3 as it did for the E36 M3. And we, "John Q Public", will buy up every last one of them. We love our HP and now beginning to love our COMFORT.<p>IMHO<p>JMD///M3<br>OO=00=OO<br>Cosmos<p>

Bill
12-11-2000, 09:40 PM

Will
12-11-2000, 09:46 PM
<i>I feel that BMW will make a sedan version of the E46 M3. But I wouldn't expect one until the 2003 or later model year. With the performance of trhe car it would be a direct threat to the M5. Many BMW enthusists wouldn't agree with me on that line, but from a corporate marketing view it all makes sense. The buyer who is getting the car just because they like the M badge on the trunk lid are not going to fork over an extra $20k for the same performance. I think it will happen though when the E39 M5 is phased out of production. BMW will need a high - perf. 4 door.

Evan...(nt)
12-11-2000, 10:19 PM
<i><p></i>:-)<br>

(nt)
12-11-2000, 10:21 PM

(nt)
12-11-2000, 10:21 PM

Erick
12-12-2000, 12:04 AM
<i><br>I am an avid reader of the posts. It is clear that BMW is going to lose many customers (myself included) if they do not offer a solution for a smaller high powered, great handling 4-door car. The M5 is great, but not as nimble as the E46 model. I am currently #2 on the waitlist in the Boston area for the M3. However, I am now seriously considering a C32 AMG, New 2002 S4, or the M5. BMW listen to your customers and build us a 4 door M3. (ideally with SMG) Thank you. <p><p></i>

just won't cut it anymore. (e) Sean
12-12-2000, 02:33 AM

///Miami
12-12-2000, 04:23 AM

I Need A Sporty Van
12-12-2000, 09:25 PM
: )<br>

BobS
12-13-2000, 12:14 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index