Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

mauricio
12-30-2000, 10:56 AM
A previous post said that a dealership in California had made the comment that BMW was well aware of the backlog and would probably increase production to meet the demand (that is the logical thing for a company that makes money on selling cars to do, but whats been logical about this whole thing so far). I would like to hear from anyone on the forum who could add their .02 cents. Is this a possiblity? (after all the m3 was not supposed to be a very limited production car like the m5). This whole thing is starting to get ridiculous. As always thanks for anyone who takes the time to respond to this post. <p><p><br>

rca
12-30-2000, 02:49 PM
<i><br>A previous post said that a dealership in California had made the comment that BMW was well aware of the backlog and would probably increase production to meet the demand (that is the logical thing for a company that makes money on selling cars to do, but whats been logical about this whole thing so far). I would like to hear from anyone on the forum who could add their .02 cents. Is this a possiblity? (after all the m3 <br>was not supposed to be a very limited production car like the m5). This whole thing is starting to get ridiculous. As always thanks for anyone who takes the time to respond to this post. <p><p></i><br>xxx4<br>events of the last 4 months have given me no cause for optimism about increases in level of production. I would be happy if they increased it from zero to one. <p>I doubt they can increase production for the m3 without robbing peter to pay paul. I would see little motivation for them to decrease the basic 3ers or 5ers in order to appease our narrow, relatively small, market. Next year, the 02 m3, may be a different story. hope I'm proved wrong.<br>

Pete
12-30-2000, 03:19 PM
It would be very hard for BMW to increase production of anything without reducing production of something else. I've read that BMW is the ONLY manufacturer that is running all their plants at full capacity with three shifts per day.....<i><br>A previous post said that a dealership in California had made the comment that BMW was well aware of the backlog and would probably increase production to meet the demand (that is the logical thing for a company that makes money on selling cars to do, but whats been logical about this whole thing so far). I would like to hear from anyone on the forum who could add their .02 cents. Is this a possiblity? (after all the m3 was not supposed to be a very limited production car like the m5). This whole thing is starting to get ridiculous. As always thanks for anyone who takes the time to respond to this post. <p><p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index