Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bill
01-13-2001, 12:38 PM
I was wondering exactly how does it work? Does the dealer call you when they get the official SOP date and then you place an order (specify color, options wanted, etc.) and your specific car is built, and you get it a couple of months later, depending on what number you are on the list? I'm not quite clear on what the procedure is. Thanks.

Safrole
01-13-2001, 01:09 PM
I asked my dealer about this just this week. While I know for sure that I am #6 on their list since March 2000, I called to see if I moved up or down at all. He was very **** and said that he would not tell me. He did not want to refer to me as a number, but said that if they received at least 6 cars for 2001, I would definitely get one. Not very helpful I thought, but he did reinforce that fact that as soon as they were allocated cars that they would call me and let me know in order to come down and pick options, color, and all that ****.<p>Safole

Lincoln
01-13-2001, 01:11 PM
You have the right idea (assuming your dealer is honest). They will get an allocation each month for the following months builds, the dealer should call you when your number is up, there will be a finite number of days/weeks for you to specify the options before the order cannot be changed. You will get the car (assuming USA) between 45-60 days after start of production. <p><i><br>I was wondering exactly how does it work? Does the dealer call you when they get the official SOP date and then you place an order (specify color, options wanted, etc.) and your specific car is built, and you get it a couple of months later, depending on what number you are on the list? I'm not quite clear on what the procedure is. Thanks.<p></i><br>

Bill
01-13-2001, 01:24 PM
<i><br>You have the right idea (assuming your dealer is honest). They will get an allocation each month for the following months builds, the dealer should call you when your number is up, there will be a finite number of days/weeks for you to specify the options before the order cannot be changed. You will get the car (assuming USA) between 45-60 days after start of production. <p><br>I was wondering exactly how does it work? Does the dealer call you when they get the official SOP date and then you place an order (specify color, options wanted, etc.) and your specific car is built, and you get it a couple of months later, depending on what number you are on the list? I'm not quite clear on what the procedure is. Thanks.<p><br></i>O.K. I see. So, if you are not very high up on the list, then you will probably get a call later this year, or maybe if it's a big list, not until next year (if the dealer is only slated to get say 6 this year, and you are 10th) Once you get the call, then it should hopefully be a matter of a couple of months.<br>

Ben Dover
01-13-2001, 01:36 PM

Des
01-13-2001, 10:00 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index