Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

MK Boy
01-16-2001, 03:26 AM
Hi Dilster,<p>Read your post yesterday - I am also incredibly keen on a short shift and will definitely get one for my M3. I have read as many articles as I can about it and have browsed Schnitzer's web site. As far as I know it minimises your play in your gear lever significantly. I know in my E36 the movement on the gear stick is fairly large especially when the bushes start to deteriorate.<p>I bought my brother the Schnitzer short shift and pedal set for his M5 as a Christmas present. His car is in this week having the system installed. In my opinion the M5 gearbox has way too much play (which supposedly is the same box the M3 comes with - hopefully modified for a closer change).<p>I will however drive the car as soon as it comes back and give you a first hand review of the Short Shift.<p>Cheers<p>MK Boy

Dilster
01-16-2001, 04:50 AM
<i><br>Hi Dilster,<p>Read your post yesterday - I am also incredibly keen on a short shift and will definitely get one for my M3. I have read as many articles as I can about it and have browsed Schnitzer's web site. As far as I know it minimises your play in your gear lever significantly. I know in my E36 the movement on the gear stick is fairly large especially when the bushes start to deteriorate.<p>I bought my brother the Schnitzer short shift and pedal set for his M5 as a Christmas present. His car is in this week having the system installed. In my opinion the M5 gearbox has way too much play (which supposedly is the same box the M3 comes with - hopefully modified for a closer change).<p>I will however drive the car as soon as it comes back and give you a first hand review of the Short Shift.<p>Cheers<p>MK Boy<p></i><br>

Simon
01-16-2001, 09:36 AM
Hi Dilster,<br>Any chance of posting or sending me the carbon black and kiwi pictures? I have not seen any good pictures of this combination, but it is currently top of my list.<p>Thanks<p>Simon

Dilster
01-16-2001, 12:11 PM
received any in reply to my post yesterday, this combo is top of my list too. I think MK boy is the only one who has some so we should try him again.<br>Dilster.<p><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index