Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Rich M3
02-08-2001, 12:25 PM
I have to get a phone today. I heard that the Motorola Startac is compatible with the e46 M3 in-car phone kit. Is this true? If not, what is compatible? Any suggestions on a phone? Thanks.

Lincoln
02-08-2001, 12:45 PM
The firmware in the phone is different from the normal Startac and the ONLY way to make the steering wheel buttons operate the phone and cause the radio display to have the phone functions is to buy the complete kit from a dealer. Prices range from $1000 - $1500 depending on the dealer. <p><i><br>I have to get a phone today. I heard that the Motorola Startac is compatible with the e46 M3 in-car phone kit. Is this true? If not, what is compatible? Any suggestions on a phone? Thanks.<p></i><br>

Dirkies
02-08-2001, 12:56 PM
is this the option 629, priced about $1000?<p>I thought this was just the fixed (well, wired) godzilla sized mobile phone in the middle? Do you get a *real* Startac mobile extra??

Lincoln
02-08-2001, 03:27 PM
I don't know the option code, but I think the ONLY digital phone available for the E46 is the Startac (and you have to now who your service provider is before you ask for the phone, since models differ between CDMA, and 2 different TDMA systems). <p><i><br>is this the option 629, priced about $1000?<p>I thought this was just the fixed (well, wired) godzilla sized mobile phone in the middle? Do you get a *real* Startac mobile extra??<p></i><br>

Rich M3
02-08-2001, 04:34 PM
Thanks, I am going to get a digital startac now for $130. This is less than 15% of the luxury tax on my someday soon to be e46 M3. If I have to get another phone later, I'll just add it in to the rapidly rising cost of ownership!<br> <i><br>I don't know the option code, but I think the ONLY digital phone available for the E46 is the Startac (and you have to now who your service provider is before you ask for the phone, since models differ between CDMA, and 2 different TDMA systems). <p><br>is this the option 629, priced about $1000?<p>I thought this was just the fixed (well, wired) godzilla sized mobile phone in the middle? Do you get a *real* Startac mobile extra??<p><br></i><br>

///Miami
02-09-2001, 03:40 AM
<i><br>The firmware in the phone is different from the normal Startac and the ONLY way to make the steering wheel buttons operate the phone and cause the radio display to have the phone functions is to buy the complete kit from a dealer. Prices range from $1000 - $1500 depending on the dealer. <p><br>I have to get a phone today. I heard that the Motorola Startac is compatible with the e46 M3 in-car phone kit. Is this true? If not, what is compatible? Any suggestions on a phone? Thanks.<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index