Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Angry BMW Owner
02-09-2001, 12:57 AM
I purchased a CPO BMW with extensive modifications. I had problems regarding the warranty and have now received documentation from BMW stating that dealerships can not sell CPO cars with modifications. Should I sue the **** out of the dealership?? I am pissed. I was sold a car that should not have been sold as a CPO car. <p>

CK
02-09-2001, 01:18 AM
I would definetly suggest some form of legal action regarding this issue. When you pay upwards of 40-50k for a luxury vehicle don't take crap from the mostly arrogant dealers. I would first try to talk to the head manager and see what he has to say about. Don't mention the whole law suit thing yet though, you want to talk to him realistically and see if he can understand your point of view and offer you a better deal that what you already have. If nothing comes of this then I think it is best to consult a lawyer regarding this issue. Personally, I think BMW dealerships are the worst at dealing with customers out of most of the dealerships and they are very quick to rip you off or take advantage of you (i.e. all the premium and ridiculous markups).<p>My .02<p><i><br>I purchased a CPO BMW with extensive modifications. I had problems regarding the warranty and have now received documentation from BMW stating that dealerships can not sell CPO cars with modifications. Should I sue the **** out of the dealership?? I am pissed. I was sold a car that should not have been sold as a CPO car. <p></i><br>

dirtMerchant
02-09-2001, 01:28 AM
(Not to encourage legal suits that are uncalled for), but this problem is simply too hard to ignore. When you shell out lots of cash for something, you should get what you pay for. You shouldn't get dumped on by some warranty technicality. Good luck.<p>_,.~-*^*dirtMerchant*^*~-.,_<br>'01 330ci, MDX, #6 for M3<p><i><br>I would definetly suggest some form of legal action regarding this issue. When you pay upwards of 40-50k for a luxury vehicle don't take crap from the mostly arrogant dealers. I would first try to talk to the head manager and see what he has to say about. Don't mention the whole law suit thing yet though, you want to talk to him realistically and see if he can understand your point of view and offer you a better deal that what you already have. If nothing comes of this then I think it is best to consult a lawyer regarding this issue. Personally, I think BMW dealerships are the worst at dealing with customers out of most of the dealerships and they are very quick to rip you off or take advantage of you (i.e. all the premium and ridiculous markups).<p>My .02<p><br>I purchased a CPO BMW with extensive modifications. I had problems regarding the warranty and have now received documentation from BMW stating that dealerships can not sell CPO cars with modifications. Should I sue the **** out of the dealership?? I am pissed. I was sold a car that should not have been sold as a CPO car. <p><br></i><br>

east coast m3
02-09-2001, 11:13 AM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index