Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Andreas
02-14-2001, 12:28 PM
after yesterday's "shocking" news I decided to call a dealership in Munich in order to ask them for a car (E46 M3). I thought I could easily get one in Germany...<p>Well, the sales person told me that it is very unlikely to get me an M3 in year 2001 because of the extremely low number of production ! <p>When I told him that I might get my M3 in Zurich in May / June he was very surprised and meant it was still a good deal and not at all late - therefore I should definitely get this one ! <p>Yeah... but on the other hand my car is still NOT YET CONFIRMED for May/June delivery. It's only my dealer's expectation as he has only one customer car confirmed for April/May production... and I'm #2.<p>This is all very confusing. <p>regards<br>Andreas

Igor
02-14-2001, 12:56 PM
only some 30 E46 M3s are coming to Luxembourg in 2001. The population here is 400k people, and I would assume similar BMW penetration as in Switzerland. Try to work out the numbers to see if the number of M3 coming to Switzerland makes sense in relation to Luxembourg.<p>Regards

Jon
02-14-2001, 01:56 PM

jx
02-14-2001, 02:17 PM
Hi Andreas !<p>If you're really interested in getting it in Germany (I mean with all the "little" problems you'll have when importing in Switzerland), feel free to contact me.<p>I might give you better news...<p>Cheers,<p>jx<p><i><br>after yesterday's "shocking" news I decided to call a dealership in Munich in order to ask them for a car (E46 M3). I thought I could easily get one in Germany...<p>Well, the sales person told me that it is very unlikely to get me an M3 in year 2001 because of the extremely low number of production ! <p>When I told him that I might get my M3 in Zurich in May / June he was very surprised and meant it was still a good deal and not at all late - therefore I should definitely get this one ! <p>Yeah... but on the other hand my car is still NOT YET CONFIRMED for May/June delivery. It's only my dealer's expectation as he has only one customer car confirmed for April/May production... and I'm #2.<p>This is all very confusing. <p>regards<br>Andreas<p></i><br>

johnW
02-14-2001, 02:33 PM
<i><br>after yesterday's "shocking" news I decided to call a dealership in Munich in order to ask them for a car (E46 M3). I thought I could easily get one in Germany...<p>Well, the sales person told me that it is very unlikely to get me an M3 in year 2001 because of the extremely low number of production ! <br>====<br>=====<p>With all these delays and more delays, imagine the even longer delay buying one of these machines and getting a breakdown and needing a part. Hell, there would be no parts. Now that is adding real misery to an already complicated life. Not sure it is worth even getting one of these "imaginary" BMW M3s for a year or so. Might be best to get my '99 supercharged and wait for awhile. However, still feel it's a shame, momentarily anyway, to drop my #1 slot<br> <p>

cjg
02-14-2001, 02:50 PM
<i><br> <p></i><br>

Peter
02-14-2001, 03:16 PM
Hi Andreas<br>Sad story isnīt it? "My" Car (I live in North-West parts of Switzerland) was originally scheduled for production 1st week January. Since I was informed that no customer cars was supposed to be delivered in Switzerland until earliest March I agreed to have the manufacturing date moved to March to have a chance to get the Titanline interior under the conditions that the delivery date was the same(but still no positive news about the the Titanline). Last time I checked(3 weeks ago) it was scheduled for production in March. But after reading the news you got I expect the worst...will call my dealer tomorrow.<p>Regards<p>P<p>PS. Had a testdrive in the dealers democar 3 weeks ago. Awesome!<p><br><i><br>after yesterday's "shocking" news I decided to call a dealership in Munich in order to ask them for a car (E46 M3). I thought I could easily get one in Germany...<p>Well, the sales person told me that it is very unlikely to get me an M3 in year 2001 because of the extremely low number of production ! <p>When I told him that I might get my M3 in Zurich in May / June he was very surprised and meant it was still a good deal and not at all late - therefore I should definitely get this one ! <p>Yeah... but on the other hand my car is still NOT YET CONFIRMED for May/June delivery. It's only my dealer's expectation as he has only one customer car confirmed for April/May production... and I'm #2.<p>This is all very confusing. <p>regards<br>Andreas<p></i><br>

Zapol
02-14-2001, 03:28 PM
There are few new M3 to buy in Switzerland (see below examples):<p><a href="http://www.autoscout24.ch/search/detail.asp?id=291494&language=fra&mediacode=&sc=CHF">BMW M3 </a><br><a href="http://www.autoscout24.ch/search/detail.asp?id=303282&language=fra&mediacode=&sc=CHF">BMW M3 </a><br><a href="http://www.autoscout24.ch/search/detail.asp?id=288829&language=fra&mediacode=&sc=CHF">BMW M3 </a><br><a href="http://www.autoscout24.ch/search/detail.asp?id=302848&language=fra&mediacode=&sc=CHF">BMW M3 </a><p>I thought about it but the BIG problem is that the extended garanty is cancelled (and the 10 years/100000km of free services too).<p>With all the problems I heard on the car, the garanty should be usefule. But if you really want one, there are some.<p>A better solution could be to look on other brands...<p>Zapol<br>

ex- vette man(67 427)
02-14-2001, 05:09 PM
<i>Andreas....i've been in the forum for 6 months..you are a 'class guy' and it will work out for you.....<p><p><br>after yesterday's "shocking" news I decided to call a dealership in Munich in order to ask them for a car (E46 M3). I thought I could easily get one in Germany...<p>Well, the sales person told me that it is very unlikely to get me an M3 in year 2001 because of the extremely low number of production ! <p>When I told him that I might get my M3 in Zurich in May / June he was very surprised and meant it was still a good deal and not at all late - therefore I should definitely get this one ! <p>Yeah... but on the other hand my car is still NOT YET CONFIRMED for May/June delivery. It's only my dealer's expectation as he has only one customer car confirmed for April/May production... and I'm #2.<p>This is all very confusing. <p>regards<br>Andreas<p></i><br>

Andreas
02-14-2001, 06:33 PM
<i><br>Andreas....i've been in the forum for 6 months..you are a 'class guy' and it will work out for you.....<p><p>after yesterday's "shocking" news I decided to call a dealership in Munich in order to ask them for a car (E46 M3). I thought I could easily get one in Germany...<p>Well, the sales person told me that it is very unlikely to get me an M3 in year 2001 because of the extremely low number of production ! <p>When I told him that I might get my M3 in Zurich in May / June he was very surprised and meant it was still a good deal and not at all late - therefore I should definitely get this one ! <p>Yeah... but on the other hand my car is still NOT YET CONFIRMED for May/June delivery. It's only my dealer's expectation as he has only one customer car confirmed for April/May production... and I'm #2.<p>This is all very confusing. <p>regards<br>Andreas<p><br></i><br>

Andreas
02-14-2001, 07:00 PM
<i><br>There are few new M3 to buy in Switzerland (see below examples):<p><a href="http://www.autoscout24.ch/search/detail.asp?id=291494&language=fra&mediacode=&sc=CHF">BMW M3 </a><br><a href="http://www.autoscout24.ch/search/detail.asp?id=303282&language=fra&mediacode=&sc=CHF">BMW M3 </a><br><a href="http://www.autoscout24.ch/search/detail.asp?id=288829&language=fra&mediacode=&sc=CHF">BMW M3 </a><br><a href="http://www.autoscout24.ch/search/detail.asp?id=302848&language=fra&mediacode=&sc=CHF">BMW M3 </a><p>I thought about it but the BIG problem is that the extended garanty is cancelled (and the 10 years/100000km of free services too).<p>With all the problems I heard on the car, the garanty should be usefule. But if you really want one, there are some.<p>A better solution could be to look on other brands...<p>Zapol<p></i><br>

Andreas
02-14-2001, 07:46 PM
<i><br>Hi Andreas !<p>If you're really interested in getting it in Germany (I mean with all the "little" problems you'll have when importing in Switzerland), feel free to contact me.<p>I might give you better news...<p>Cheers,<p>jx<p><br>after yesterday's "shocking" news I decided to call a dealership in Munich in order to ask them for a car (E46 M3). I thought I could easily get one in Germany...<p>Well, the sales person told me that it is very unlikely to get me an M3 in year 2001 because of the extremely low number of production ! <p>When I told him that I might get my M3 in Zurich in May / June he was very surprised and meant it was still a good deal and not at all late - therefore I should definitely get this one ! <p>Yeah... but on the other hand my car is still NOT YET CONFIRMED for May/June delivery. It's only my dealer's expectation as he has only one customer car confirmed for April/May production... and I'm #2.<p>This is all very confusing. <p>regards<br>Andreas<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index