Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

About time
02-21-2001, 01:54 AM
This whole craziness starts from BMW itself. If it had a valid and ORGANISED production and availability plan, that a certain number of cars would be available and not this 3-4 cars per month crap, this would not happen. Their marketing is HORRIBLE. BMW has lost so many customers with this latest fiasco, they will for sure regret it in one way or another.<br>If they cant produce all the cars fast (which btw is unnacceptable with todays technology), produce them in massive amounts later on. This whole limitation and availability nonsense has given way to vagabond dealers to take advantage of everyone. BMW screwed well this time. This shameless list, MSRP scams, way too long waits and various stupid limitations were unecessary.<br>But after all I guess what goes around comes around and time will show. Too bad though to see a huge and respectable company like BMW screw up so much.<p>

Merlin
02-21-2001, 10:15 AM
My wife and I have been discussing many of your points for quite some time now. This is my first experience with BotchedMW, and it has not been good. <br>If I did not like the car so much(that is where they have us) I would have been long gone, as I really need a car now. I don't want to waste money on an interim car...that does not make any financial sense(not to mention the price of the M3 already is against any financial sense).<br>I am not sure I will be a lifelong loyal BMW driver...time will tell...it certainly has not started out well...

TurnLeft#3
02-21-2001, 10:17 AM
I agree. I've owned 4 BMW's. Two M3's and I'm on the waiting list for the E46. I've never considered driving another car. But I've been looking and I'm about to take my name off the BMW waiting list....

Lincoln
02-21-2001, 04:47 PM
You whiners really make me laugh. I can't believe you call this BMW making sure the car is right before they sell it a Fiasco??? I can't believe that you blame BMW for crappy/dishonest dealers (they are independent and BMW cannot legally dictate price). <p>So what your really bitching about is the fact that YOU want something that is in EXTREMELY HIGH DEMAND, yet you were not smart enough to cover your bases early in the deal to secure an MSRP spot with a reputable dealer???? I'm sorry that you had your eyes closed or don't now how to enter into a legal agreement with your dealer.<p>NOW GO GET A LIFE AND QUIT WHINING!!! <p><i><br>This whole craziness starts from BMW itself. If it had a valid and ORGANISED production and availability plan, that a certain number of cars would be available and not this 3-4 cars per month crap, this would not happen. Their marketing is HORRIBLE. BMW has lost so many customers with this latest fiasco, they will for sure regret it in one way or another.<br>If they cant produce all the cars fast (which btw is unnacceptable with todays technology), produce them in massive amounts later on. This whole limitation and availability nonsense has given way to vagabond dealers to take advantage of everyone. BMW screwed well this time. This shameless list, MSRP scams, way too long waits and various stupid limitations were unecessary.<br>But after all I guess what goes around comes around and time will show. Too bad though to see a huge and respectable company like BMW screw up so much.<p></i><br>

My new name
02-21-2001, 09:52 PM
Most likely you are one of those dealers.<p>The best thing would be to bomb you off, too bad cant happen, would be funny though.(Of course we would remove the bimmers first)<p>Some dealers, what do they do to keep their conscience clean <br>""""""So what your really bitching about is the fact that YOU want something that is in EXTREMELY HIGH DEMAND, yet you were not smart enough to cover your bases early in the deal to secure an MSRP spot with a reputable dealer???? I'm sorry that you had your eyes closed or don't now how to enter into a legal agreement with your dealer"""""<p>As far as "independent" delaers/BMW, I would like you to show me a way to get a car without going through a dealer (net, real, tel, whatever).<br>Oh you can't...go back to you hole and takeyour nazist trash talk with you clown.<p><br>

m3goggles
02-23-2001, 01:50 AM
I don't know if this is the first guy that posted but Lincoln is right. You had plenty of opp to get this car last year. The delays suck but the demand will only get higer when they start showing up.<br>Also: Most here did get msrp with no hassles, like me. later <br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index