Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jesse
02-22-2001, 03:50 PM
I put my order in on an M3 coupe last weekend. I am #16 on a list in Texas. The dealer requires a $500 refundable deposit. I received a receipt for the car, but did not receive anything in writing listing my slot order. Question is, can the dealer provide this in writing and should I make them give me this in writing? Also, they expect delivery before the end of the yeat, probably as an 02 model. Is this reasonable? They hoped to get 4 a month, but after reading this site, I think that is way high. Is it even remotely possible to expect the car before years end? It was a rather pleasent experience putting the order down, nice dealer. I am pretty sure the car is at MSRP. They haven't indicated differently. I think I like Imola Red and black leather. Can we expect any new colors on the 02 models?<p>Thanks in advance.<p>

Joey V
02-22-2001, 04:27 PM
<p>If you didn't get anything in writing, how are you going to know where you are on the list? They can tell you anything they want, make them put it in writing. The MSRP issue should be addressed as well. Right now, ther is nothing to stop them from saying there is going to be a $XXX market adjustment to every vehicle they sell. Make them put MSRP in writing or run like hell! I wouldn't count on seeing anything until '02 if I were you. Any dealer that claims to know how many cars per month that far in advance is full of it. Good part for you is that you'l probably get more choices in '02 as far as options and colors go. Good luck waiting!<p>Joe Valdora<br>

Capitan
02-22-2001, 06:33 PM
I got my name on lists of 3 different dealers. Two required $1000 deposit and one required $500 deposit. But all 3 gave me a signed buyer's agreement which clearly stated "MSRP." Two of the three also required copies of my driver's license and insurance card. It makes me think that if you don't have a signed buyer's agreement that perhaps your "order" isn't really in.<p><i><br>I put my order in on an M3 coupe last weekend. I am #16 on a list in Texas. The dealer requires a $500 refundable deposit. I received a receipt for the car, but did not receive anything in writing listing my slot order. Question is, can the dealer provide this in writing and should I make them give me this in writing? Also, they expect delivery before the end of the yeat, probably as an 02 model. Is this reasonable? They hoped to get 4 a month, but after reading this site, I think that is way high. Is it even remotely possible to expect the car before years end? It was a rather pleasent experience putting the order down, nice dealer. I am pretty sure the car is at MSRP. They haven't indicated differently. I think I like Imola Red and black leather. Can we expect any new colors on the 02 models?<p>Thanks in advance.<p></i><br>

Amir Yazdan
02-22-2001, 08:39 PM
Go to WWW.DONOTBUYABMW.COM that will explain what you should do

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index