Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

nate328Ci
03-25-2001, 11:49 PM
Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though.

Evan...(nt)
03-25-2001, 11:57 PM
<i><br>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p></i><br>

BillE
03-26-2001, 12:08 AM
for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><p><p>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p></i><br>

RO 330i
03-26-2001, 12:15 AM
<i><br>for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><p>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p><br></i><br>

juice it up and lose their warranty.
03-26-2001, 12:29 AM
<i><br>for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><p>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p><br></i><br>

RO 330i
03-26-2001, 12:30 AM
<i><p>for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><br>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p><br></i><br>

RO 330i
03-26-2001, 12:31 AM
<i><p>for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><br>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p><br></i><br>

BillE
03-26-2001, 12:33 AM
arent doing too well...the S4s are smoking them on a routine basis (remember, I prefer BMWs so this REALLY sucks!) I Honestly feel that the market will soon be flooded with M3 Type cars and BMW will have serious problems. First, the M3 is too pricy (given whats coming)Second, people are NOT loyal to brands...I will buy what ever it best..if its not a BMW, too bad for BMW. I think this whole M3 thing has pissed many of us off enough that we ARE looking for alternatives....and we will (soon) find them. At the end of the day, the M3 is just another used car.. <p>for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><br>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p><br></i><br>

nate328Ci
03-26-2001, 12:34 AM
<i><br>for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><p>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p><br></i><p>Well, I find that BMWs are especially good at holding thier appeal long term. The 99 e36 M3 was still an amazing car, even more so with the euro version. You forgot that not everyone wants awd, and I beleive that the e46 will age as well as the e36. Yes, there is a lot of stiff competion now and will be in the future, THIS IS GOOD FOR US. The competion will force BMW to be better, e.g. increasing output and features on e46 due to new competetors. If you want cheap speed, then go with a Camaro or something similar. We all know that there is more than output to a car. Most people in this segment care about comfort/luxury as well as performance. The BMW will hold up well against the X-type and S4. Who knows if they will offer a coupe or convertible? The //M3 will still be a great car in the end of its life, and still be a viable competetor, just as the e36 was.

S4_man
03-26-2001, 12:36 AM
...gee, those are BMW tuners!! Well, shut mah mouth..

RO 330i
03-26-2001, 12:36 AM
<i><br>arent doing too well...the S4s are smoking them on a routine basis (remember, I prefer BMWs so this REALLY sucks!) I Honestly feel that the market will soon be flooded with M3 Type cars and BMW will have serious problems. First, the M3 is too pricy (given whats coming)Second, people are NOT loyal to brands...I will buy what ever it best..if its not a BMW, too bad for BMW. I think this whole M3 thing has pissed many of us off enough that we ARE looking for alternatives....and we will (soon) find them. At the end of the day, the M3 is just another used car.. <p>for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><br>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p><br></i><br>

BillE
03-26-2001, 12:37 AM
turbo engined car is just as good if not better than a I6.....heck my neighbors S4 cost him (used) less than 40K..he chipped it and now its really friggen fast...he says its low 300Hp. The i6 motor is done for...its maxed out...the new M3s will be the BEST of what they are..but what they are is going to be soon out done..<p>for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><br>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p><br></i><br>

RO 330i
03-26-2001, 12:39 AM
What if the M3 had more colors, 4 doors,<br>more horsepower, or a lower price?<p>This is the first M3 series after 2 years.<p>Give it time, we will see what BMW comes up<br>with, because your right, Audi, Subaru and<br>Lexus want to be like BMW.<p>Pretty soon, if BMW doesnt make more cars <br>available, and options, people will go<br>somewhere else.<p>If this year or next year I can't get an M3<br>close to sticker, then I will look elsewhere.<p>Porsche probably. :)

RO 330i
03-26-2001, 12:40 AM
<i><br>...gee, those are BMW tuners!! Well, shut mah mouth..<p></i><br>

S4_man
03-26-2001, 12:41 AM
Comparing the current S4, which was designed to compete against the E36 M3, against the E46 M3 isn't fair. Wait until the next-generation S4 comes out, and we'll see...<p>Otoh, several folks on Audiworld have run 13.4's lately with no mods other than chips, and they're not too worried about the E46. Picking up 7/10ths in the 1/4 for $700 or so is pretty sweet. ;-)

RO 330i
03-26-2001, 12:41 AM
<i><br>turbo engined car is just as good if not better than a I6.....heck my neighbors S4 cost him (used) less than 40K..he chipped it and now its really friggen fast...he says its low 300Hp. The i6 motor is done for...its maxed out...the new M3s will be the BEST of what they are..but what they are is going to be soon out done..<p>for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><br>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p><br></i><br>

..True?
03-26-2001, 12:42 AM
<i><br>Comparing the current S4, which was designed to compete against the E36 M3, against the E46 M3 isn't fair. Wait until the next-generation S4 comes out, and we'll see...<p>Otoh, several folks on Audiworld have run 13.4's lately with no mods other than chips, and they're not too worried about the E46. Picking up 7/10ths in the 1/4 for $700 or so is pretty sweet. ;-) <p></i><br>

BillE
spiritual leader (DC from Cape cod) Doug Campbell was on Rennlist pricing out used Porsches (964 Rs cars I believe). BMW will screw themselves when enough of US..their bread and butter flag waving fans..get pissed and tell them to go f**K themselves for playing us like they are..with the M3. They clearly take us for granted. <p>arent doing too well...the S4s are smoking them on a routine basis (remember, I prefer BMWs so this REALLY sucks!) I Honestly feel that the market will soon be flooded with M3 Type cars and BMW will have serious problems. First, the M3 is too pricy (given whats coming)Second, people are NOT loyal to brands...I will buy what ever it best..if its not a BMW, too bad for BMW. I think this whole M3 thing has pissed many of us off enough that we ARE looking for alternatives....and we will (soon) find them. At the end of the day, the M3 is just another used car.. <p>for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><br>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p><br></i><br>

Auslander
I don't believe I've seen S4's running against E46 M3's on speedvision yet. Which series are you referring to?

S4_man
03-26-2001, 12:43 AM
warranty, at an extra charge; read the warranty section at the Dinan website *carefully* and you'll see what I'm talking about. S4 tuners, unfortunately, don't sell warranties, but rumor has it one or more of them are going to.

BillE
03-26-2001, 12:44 AM
<i><p>turbo engined car is just as good if not better than a I6.....heck my neighbors S4 cost him (used) less than 40K..he chipped it and now its really friggen fast...he says its low 300Hp. The i6 motor is done for...its maxed out...the new M3s will be the BEST of what they are..but what they are is going to be soon out done..<p>for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><br>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p><br></i><br>

S4_man
03-26-2001, 12:45 AM
Whatever...

RO 330i
03-26-2001, 12:45 AM
<i><br>warranty, at an extra charge; read the warranty section at the Dinan website *carefully* and you'll see what I'm talking about. S4 tuners, unfortunately, don't sell warranties, but rumor has it one or more of them are going to.<p></i><br>

BillE
03-26-2001, 12:47 AM
Saturday...I think it was a TCCline car..I could be wrong..<br>I don't believe I've seen S4's running against E46 M3's on speedvision yet. Which series are you referring to?<p></i><br>

S4_man
03-26-2001, 12:49 AM
Once the initial hubbub has settled down, I'll be test driving one.

Preston
03-26-2001, 12:54 AM
Although IMHO his stuff is overpriced he does match the BMW warranty for free for everything but superchargers...these you have to pay extra for.

S4_man
03-26-2001, 12:56 AM
Dinan *chips* void the factory warranty when we got our 2001. And BMW puts a sticker in the upper left corner of the windshield of every car they make stating that mods void the warranty. <p>Again: look at the warranty section on Dinan's site.

BillE
03-26-2001, 12:57 AM
nearly $60K for a 3 series is way too friggen much..M now a days stands for marketing and evidentally those marketing pros figured that they could REALLY stick it too us, the series of BS that has surrounded this car is insane. To me, and to many others...it just isnt worth it. My dealer wont let me test drive the car for a week...I own a 996TT and they are treating me this way...hey guys, its a 3 series!<p>turbo engined car is just as good if not better than a I6.....heck my neighbors S4 cost him (used) less than 40K..he chipped it and now its really friggen fast...he says its low 300Hp. The i6 motor is done for...its maxed out...the new M3s will be the BEST of what they are..but what they are is going to be soon out done..<p>for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><br>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p><br></i><br>

S4_man
03-26-2001, 12:59 AM
...hell, I've seen Hondas with aftermarket turbos hitting 10's.

instead!..nt-cb
03-26-2001, 12:59 AM
<i><p>turbo engined car is just as good if not better than a I6.....heck my neighbors S4 cost him (used) less than 40K..he chipped it and now its really friggen fast...he says its low 300Hp. The i6 motor is done for...its maxed out...the new M3s will be the BEST of what they are..but what they are is going to be soon out done..<p>for around 40K (2003) and Jaguar (they have a long history of making world class sports cars)has a 300+ hp Xseries with awd our BMWs will seem dated...even the e46M3s. Look at the (goofy looking) Subaru that just came out...from what I have been reading...you can get WELL over 300hp out of them for less than $1K ( a match for a M3 and AWD!)...Mitsubishi is talking about selling the Lancer here as well...another 300+ hp rally car. BMW is cashing in on the new M3s because they know demand will go down fast as competition is the segment increases. Analogies with e36M3s (great resell) wont hold water in the near future for the E46ers...the E36M3 never had this kind of very viable competition.....when you start thinking about used P-cars as other alternatives the new M3 starts to seem at tad pricy and maybe too little too late...I havent removed my name from the wait but probably will.....<p><br>Well, here are some stats on the V-8 M3, almost only for track though. <p><br></i><br>

Preston
03-26-2001, 01:00 AM
<br>They don't void the warranty (a modification can't void a warranty unless it is proven that the mod caused the problem). In the case of Dinan if the dealer proves that the mod caused the problem then the BMW warranty is voided and Dinan picks up the cost as long as you are still under BMW warranty.<p>Your dealer is blowing smoke up your ***...he probably 1) is not a Dinan dealer, 2) doesn't know the federal laws covering warranties and modifications.<p>I have read Dinan's warranty and understand it very well although I went with others products.<p>

S4_man
03-26-2001, 01:01 AM
This was not only in US, but also in Europe, where the S4 was pitted against the 321 HP version. TWO car mags there did comparisons, and the S4 won them both.

chipped or not. c
03-26-2001, 01:05 AM
<i><br>This was not only in US, but also in Europe, where the S4 was pitted against the 321 HP version. TWO car mags there did comparisons, and the S4 won them both. <p></i><br>

S4_man
03-26-2001, 01:06 AM
<i><p>They don't void the warranty (a modification can't void a warranty unless it is proven that the mod caused the problem). In the case of Dinan if the dealer proves that the mod caused the problem then the BMW warranty is voided and Dinan picks up the cost as long as you are still under BMW warranty.<br></i><p>Yeah, and if you're a lawyer or you've got the funds to take BMWUSA to court when they say your chip caused damage, go for it. They can afford more lawyers than I can. :-/<p><i>Your dealer is blowing smoke up your ***...he probably 1) is not a Dinan dealer, 2) doesn't know the federal laws covering warranties and modifications.<p></i><p>I've seen a detailed legal analysis if the Magnesson-Moss warranty act, and IMO it wouldn't stand up in court under these circumstances. All BMW, Audi, whoever would need to do would be to show that:<p>1) modifying the ECU constitutes a modification to the emissions system (which it does), and therefore is a violation of Federal law; or <p>2) that removing the rev limiter, speed limiter, changing the factory settings for ignition, etc. could lead to engine damage. Again, IF you have the funds to face BMW in a court challenge, you MIGHT beat #2), but you'd be hard pressed to show that 1) doesn't constitute an illegal modification of an emissions control system. Good luck!<br>

Jason
03-26-2001, 01:07 AM
<i><br>This was not only in US, but also in Europe, where the S4 was pitted against the 321 HP version. TWO car mags there did comparisons, and the S4 won them both. <p></i>Enough already, I feel like im in a kindergarten class. Not everyone likes/wants/interested in the same cars. Just like every other consumer product on earth. Buy what you what for cripes sake and shut up, everyone! <br>

Preston
<br>That was the Euro S4 vs Euro M3...two different cars than what we are driving. <p>If you look at the U.S. comparisons the E36 M3 wins in handling while the S4 wins in interior quality and value (sometimes speed depending on which mag you look at).<p>I agree with the assesment and probably will look seriously at the S4 rather than the new M3 when I have to cross that road. I have driven a stock S4 and wasn't all that happy with it but with some real rubber and a chip it would probably be a great car.<p>Regards,<br>Preston<br>98 M3/4

S4_man

Randy G
03-26-2001, 01:10 AM
SF BMW has a big sign right by where you drop off your car for service, advertising Dinan mods, and the parts counter has a big display of Dinan parts. I assume that Dinan has its own warranty, which is dealt with by the same people, at the same place, as anything covered by the BMW factory warranty.

shuttle I'll get an S4 okay? nt
03-26-2001, 01:10 AM
<i><br> <p></i><br>

S4_man
03-26-2001, 01:11 AM
...the US versions of the S4 had Potenzas, while the Euro versions came with Pilots, and the mags over there didn't harp on the handling differences as much as here (of course, the Euro M3 was heavier than the US version, having a six-speed and vanos...). <p>Anyway, both are great cars.

Preston
03-26-2001, 01:11 AM
<br>I agree with your deeper pockets concept but once BMW voids their warranty Dinan will (in theory) pick up the rest of it...and at no charge unless you go to forced induction.<p>None of the dealers I have gone to have cared about the mods on my car. No questions asked, no information given about them...of course I haven't blown my engine yet either....

BillE
03-26-2001, 01:13 AM
around 40K..now the M3 is a great overpriced car..<p><p>...the US versions of the S4 had Potenzas, while the Euro versions came with Pilots, and the mags over there didn't harp on the handling differences as much as here (of course, the Euro M3 was heavier than the US version, having a six-speed and vanos...). <p>Anyway, both are great cars. <p></i><br>

S4_man
03-26-2001, 01:14 AM
..is another. Anyway, a chip on a NA motor doesn't do much (and arguably not anything), so the only mods you'll get big HP from are those of the warranty-voiding type. <p>But at least Dinan sells one! I wish the #%@$ S4 tuners would...this is what's kept me from chipping it.

S4_man
03-26-2001, 01:16 AM
but not with BMWUSA. So, it depends upon where you are. And the mods he has with the big HP gains (supercharger) *do* void the factory warranty, and his supplemental powertrain warranty costs extra, I think around $2K extra. See his website for details.

S4_man
03-26-2001, 01:17 AM

RO 330i
03-26-2001, 01:32 AM
<i><br>...hell, I've seen Hondas with aftermarket turbos hitting 10's. <p></i><br>

Gaucho
03-26-2001, 03:14 AM
Are you a student at UCSB? Just curious...<p>

joe
03-26-2001, 03:32 AM

Bcar
03-26-2001, 01:31 PM

George-BMW
03-26-2001, 02:33 PM
<i><br>What if the M3 had more colors, 4 doors,<br>more horsepower, or a lower price?<p>This is the first M3 series after 2 years.<p>Give it time, we will see what BMW comes up<br>with, because your right, Audi, Subaru and<br>Lexus want to be like BMW.<p>Pretty soon, if BMW doesnt make more cars <br>available, and options, people will go<br>somewhere else.<p>If this year or next year I can't get an M3<br>close to sticker, then I will look elsewhere.<p>Porsche probably. :)<p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index