Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

EstorilM3C
03-28-2001, 10:53 PM
Seems like I can get a 99 911 cab for low 70s. I have always wanted a 911 and, given the lack of trim and color choices, and no Euro delivery on the M3, I may pull the trigger on the Porsche. Anyone know how costly the Porsche maintenance is compared to a BMW? How about retaining value?<p>Tanks<br>Jon

BK
03-29-2001, 12:46 AM
As far as holding value, I would assume that the Porsche will hold its value a little better than the M3. Of course know that for 2002 the 996 is due a facelift and a slight increase in power which could deflate the price of a 99 a little more than normal. Maintainance is something like once a year or every 15K and I imagine a full service would cost a couple of hundred dollars. second or third year services will cost more depending on what they decide to replace. This will cost more than the M3 since you don't pay for any maintainance on the M3 for the first three years. But on the other hand Porsche has a longer warranty period, i.e 4 years or 50K miles vs. 3 years 36K miles. I imagine you can get an extended warranty on either car. Bottom line, the porsche will be more expensive to maintain, but you don't have to take it in but once a year and I think the cost is relatively cheap on a 996 compared to the older 993's (not sure but I have been told that was the case.)<p>BK

George
03-29-2001, 02:06 AM
Don't get the 911. I've driven both and think the M3 offers a much better drive and better value for money!<p><i><br>Seems like I can get a 99 911 cab for low 70s. I have always wanted a 911 and, given the lack of trim and color choices, and no Euro delivery on the M3, I may pull the trigger on the Porsche. Anyone know how costly the Porsche maintenance is compared to a BMW? How about retaining value?<p>Tanks<br>Jon<p></i><br>

Lincoln
03-29-2001, 01:09 PM
BMWs warranty is the same as P-car (4 years/50K miles), the free maint. ends at 3/36. The 993 (95-98) 911s seem to hold their value better then the 996 (current model). We don't know what will happen with M3 resale values...the resale values on the 3-series as a model range are in the top 5 of all resale values according to some data that I recieved from a local Lexus dealer (they were trying to show that the LS400 has the best resale of all cars). <p><i><br>As far as holding value, I would assume that the Porsche will hold its value a little better than the M3. Of course know that for 2002 the 996 is due a facelift and a slight increase in power which could deflate the price of a 99 a little more than normal. Maintainance is something like once a year or every 15K and I imagine a full service would cost a couple of hundred dollars. second or third year services will cost more depending on what they decide to replace. This will cost more than the M3 since you don't pay for any maintainance on the M3 for the first three years. But on the other hand Porsche has a longer warranty period, i.e 4 years or 50K miles vs. 3 years 36K miles. I imagine you can get an extended warranty on either car. Bottom line, the porsche will be more expensive to maintain, but you don't have to take it in but once a year and I think the cost is relatively cheap on a 996 compared to the older 993's (not sure but I have been told that was the case.)<p>BK<p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index