Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

dang
04-28-2000, 03:31 PM
Has anyone ever wondered why the CS, as a "luxury" sport coupe doesn't have back lit controls on the center console, when the 2002 does? I guess I just find it strange that my heater and a/c controls are lit up by a bright light shining on them from the steering column.

Marilyn
05-01-2000, 09:20 PM
<i>: Has anyone ever wondered why the CS, as a "luxury" sport coupe doesn't have back lit controls on the center console, when the 2002 does? I guess I just find it strange that my heater and a/c controls are lit up by a bright light shining on them from the steering column.<p></i><p>The 1974-1975 versions do have backlit controls there. The words "Zu and Luft" take on an eerie look in the dark. The earlier versions are not backlit, taht is so.<p>Ciao,<br>M

doug
05-10-2000, 06:44 PM
hold everything. yes, a/c controls are lit by a light in the steering column, but the heater & fresh air controls are backlit, like a 2002. <p>by 60's and early 70's standards, the car was certainly far more luxurious than a 2002. <p>US cars were usually "loaded." leather, air, electric sunroof, alloys, electric windows, etc. <p>i suspect the reason the a/c wasn't backlit was for ease of installation. remember, a/c was still more of a US thing, so it makes sense that a/c should appear to be an afterthought.<p>

Merdad
05-11-2000, 01:14 AM
Unless you have a 74 or a 75 CS. I have a 72 CSi and 73 CSA (US model) and non of the controls are backlit. The only light on them is from the streeing column.

David F
05-18-2000, 10:26 AM
I am curious about the light from the steering column. My 73 3.0CS (4 spd) does not have this light (nor did it ever to my knowledge). The heater/vent control panel is backlit. The a/c controls are not.<p><i>: Has anyone ever wondered why the CS, as a "luxury" sport coupe doesn't have back lit controls on the center console, when the 2002 does? I guess I just find it strange that my heater and a/c controls are lit up by a bright light shining on them from the steering column.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index