Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Dev
12-07-1998, 08:59 AM
Does the clutch and shifter lighten up in feel after a while on E36 M3s? I'm looking at a '99 M3 and found everything a tad stiff relative to the E46 sedan I also test drove. I do have to admit it definitely feels more solid and welcoming of hard driving than the softer E46 setup. The sales guy told me the E46 clutch was designed to maintain its original feel over time, but I was wondering if the M3 would loosen up a bit.. Even if it didn't, I'm sure I'd get over it :)<br>

DCC
12-07-1998, 11:01 PM
The E36 M3 clutch is also self adjusting. The clutch pedal feel has already been soften from the 95 model. I don't see if letting up over time.<br>The E36 is basically a little harder car to drive than the E46, and the M3 takes it even further .<p><p><br><i>: Does the clutch and shifter lighten up in feel after a while on E36 M3s? I'm looking at a '99 M3 and found everything a tad stiff relative to the E46 sedan I also test drove. I do have to admit it definitely feels more solid and welcoming of hard driving than the softer E46 setup. The sales guy told me the E46 clutch was designed to maintain its original feel over time, but I was wondering if the M3 would loosen up a bit.. Even if it didn't, I'm sure I'd get over it :)<p></i>

Redwood
12-08-1998, 10:08 AM
My '99 M3 clutch is about the same as when I bought it (which never seemed too stiff). The shifter definitely got easier to shift and smoother while doing so starting around 1600+ miles. It is soooo nice to shift now. :)<p>-Sean<br>'99 Estoril Blue M3<p><i>: Does the clutch and shifter lighten up in feel after a while on E36 M3s? I'm looking at a '99 M3 and found everything a tad stiff relative to the E46 sedan I also test drove. I do have to admit it definitely feels more solid and welcoming of hard driving than the softer E46 setup. The sales guy told me the E46 clutch was designed to maintain its original feel over time, but I was wondering if the M3 would loosen up a bit.. Even if it didn't, I'm sure I'd get over it :)<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index