Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Eric Nguyen
12-07-1998, 03:22 PM
Yesterday at the mall I set the four digit code on the OBC prior to arming the car. When I came back to the car and tried to enter the code, it wouldn't take. In order to start the car, I had to remove the two fuses that are associated to the OBC; however this only allowed me to start the car, it did not rest the code feature. Without the fuses in, I have lost turn signals, fuel gauge, rpm's. I tried to unplug the battery, that didn't work.......Anybody out there know how I can rest the damn code?? I have a call into the dealership but have not received a return call.

Peter F.
12-07-1998, 05:17 PM
<i>: Yesterday at the mall I set the four digit code on the OBC prior to arming the car. When I came back to the car and tried to enter the code, it wouldn't take. In order to start the car, I had to remove the two fuses that are associated to the OBC; however this only allowed me to start the car, it did not rest the code feature. Without the fuses in, I have lost turn signals, fuel gauge, rpm's. I tried to unplug the battery, that didn't work.......Anybody out there know how I can rest the damn code?? I have a call into the dealership but have not received a return call.<p></i><br>Try this (on your own risk, of course):<br><OL><br><LI>Unlock special OBC functions (assuming they are still locked):<br><UL><br><LI>Simultaneously press <B>1000</B> and <B>10</B> on the numeric keypad of the OBC. <B>TEST NO:</B> should appear on the display.<br><LI>Enter <B>19</B> using the numeric keyboard and press <B>SET/RES</B>. You should see <B>LOCK ON</B> on the display.<br><LI>Using the numeric keys enter the sum of todays month and date (i.e. <B>19</B> if you are doing it today, on December 7th). Of course, this assumes that you have the date properly set in the OBC. Then press <B>SET/RES</B>.<br></UL><br><LI>Reset the OBC:<br><UL><br><LI>Simultaneously press <B>1000</B> and <B>10</B> on the numeric keypad of the OBC. <B>TEST NO:</B> should appear on the display.<br><LI>Enter <B>21</B> using the numeric keys and press <B>SET/RES</B>. A prompt like <B>REALLY RESET?</B> should appear on the display. Press <B>SET/RES</B> again. You will lose all data stored in the OBC.<br></UL><br><LI>Set the current date and time. Refer to the User's Guide if you need directions on how to do this.<br><LI>Optionally, lock the special OBC functions again. Use exactly the same procedure as for unlocking.<br></OL><p>I hope this will help. Good luck!<br>

Eric Nguyen
12-08-1998, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the info, that seems much easier than disconnecting/reconnecting the battery...turning the key to pos1 and waiting 15 minutes!!<p>BTW, do you also know how to change the fuel consumption setting if it's off a little?

Peter F.
12-08-1998, 02:36 PM
<i>: BTW, do you also know how to change the fuel consumption setting if it's off a little?<p></i><br>There's a correction factor used in the calculation of the fuel consumption. It's default value is 1000. You can display (and modify it) using special function 20.<br><UL><br><LI>Simultaneously press <B>1000</B> and <B>10</B> on the numeric keypad of the OBC. <B>TEST NO:</B> should appear on the display.<br><LI>Enter <B>20</B> using the numeric keyboard and press <B>SET/RES</B>. The current value of the correction factor will be displayed.<br><LI>Using the numeric keys enter the new correction factor (for example 1025) and press <B>SET/RES</B>.<br></UL><br>I'm not sure if increasing the factor will increase or decrease the calculated milage - you might want to experiment with this. The default setting works perfectly for me.<p>Peter<p>

Franco
12-08-1998, 03:48 PM
Where do you get all these codes? Are there any other cool ones? Can they all be looked up somewhere? <br> Thanks for any info.

Michael Gugliuzza
12-09-1998, 11:24 AM
Check out this URL...<p>http://cbsgi1.bu.edu/bmw/obc.html<p>formula: <br>NEW CF= OLD CF *(OBC MPG/Actual MPG)

Peter F.
12-09-1998, 02:36 PM
<i>: Check out this URL...<p>: http://cbsgi1.bu.edu/bmw/obc.html<p></i><p>This is good info! And other codes are explained there as well.<p>Peter<br>

Jeff
12-10-1998, 01:09 AM
<i><br>Looking at this page, Test #11, is there a way to<br>change the units so that Tests 2,3,4,5,7,8 etc..<br>are in Miles and not Kilometers?<p>Test #11 says change Units, we are given two Hex.<br>numbers FF and 1B (I think).<p>I have a Late (post 9/95) '95 M3<p>-Jeff<p>: Check out this URL...<p>: http://cbsgi1.bu.edu/bmw/obc.html<p>: formula: <br>: NEW CF= OLD CF *(OBC MPG/Actual MPG)<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index