Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Michael
12-07-1998, 11:42 PM
I am interested in buying some springs for my 97 M3 sedan. Which is the best way to go? Eibach pro kit or H&R sport springs? Has anyone tried both?<br>Michael

KEVIN G
12-08-1998, 01:34 AM
<br>: I am interested in buying some springs for my 97 M3 sedan. Which is the best way to go? Eibach pro kit or H&R sport springs? Has anyone tried both?<br>: Michael<p>Thanks for asking that question Michael, I have a 95 M3 that I would also like to lower but, I am also unsure of which springs to buy. Hopefully someone can give the pro and cons of each spring. <br> KEVIN G

David
12-08-1998, 09:20 AM
I have the H&R sport springs with the Bilstein sport shocks. I have been very pleased. It lowered the car 1.5" in front and 1" in back. The ride is very firm and handles very well on the corners. Ebach is more expensive and most of the recommendations I got was to go with the H&R. I noticed that at least on the springs I was comparing that H&R took the time to bevel the top and bottoms of the springs so they sit evenly in their holds and that also distributes the pressure more evenly on the shock tower brace and the camber plate. I believe that the H&R were powder coated vs. painted. This means they are better protected and less likely to rust.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index