Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Randy B
12-08-1998, 11:41 AM
Hello. Congrats on this new M3 only board.<br>I live in Las VEgas and as anyone knows who has been here and driven here, we have slippery roads. When I am stopped and accelerate hard, my car pulls hard to the right. The back end sometimes fishtails slightly. Having just sold my left ******** to science in order to afford Bridgestone Potenza'a, does anyone have any advice on how to correct this before I roast this set of tires? I have already checked the air pressure in all tires. Could I have a bad rear end. The seal on the drivers side, where the halfshaft comes out has been replaced before, could there be some serious damage I don't know about? There is no grinding noise or anything like that. I would appreciate some help.<p>95 ///M3 Dinan Chip, Sway Bars, triflo exhaust, BL/SS<p>Randy

Steve
12-08-1998, 11:49 AM
Your experiencing the torque load on the rear tires as they spin. It's normal. I guess you're talking about the back-end fish-tailing as the tires spin...again this is normal. The left and right rear tires are loaded (weight/torque) differently so there is some "steering" action taking place as the tires "float" while they are spinning. Talk to some drag racers and find out what traction bars are and why they use them.<p>Steve<p><br><i>: Hello. Congrats on this new M3 only board.<br>: I live in Las VEgas and as anyone knows who has been here and driven here, we have slippery roads. When I am stopped and accelerate hard, my car pulls hard to the right. The back end sometimes fishtails slightly. Having just sold my left ******** to science in order to afford Bridgestone Potenza'a, does anyone have any advice on how to correct this before I roast this set of tires? I have already checked the air pressure in all tires. Could I have a bad rear end. The seal on the drivers side, where the halfshaft comes out has been replaced before, could there be some serious damage I don't know about? There is no grinding noise or anything like that. I would appreciate some help.<p>: 95 ///M3 Dinan Chip, Sway Bars, triflo exhaust, BL/SS<p>: Randy<p></i>

Steve
12-08-1998, 09:21 PM
I have a similar situation... It kinda feels like torque steer in a FWD car but from the rear wheels. I just went back to my winter tires Goodyear aquatreads on stock 15" BMW wheels so maybe that the problem... My car has more HP than a stock 325 so that may be the case as well... ?<p>steve<br>92 325is<p><i>: Hello. Congrats on this new M3 only board.<br>: I live in Las VEgas and as anyone knows who has been here and driven here, we have slippery roads. When I am stopped and accelerate hard, my car pulls hard to the right. The back end sometimes fishtails slightly. Having just sold my left ******** to science in order to afford Bridgestone Potenza'a, does anyone have any advice on how to correct this before I roast this set of tires? I have already checked the air pressure in all tires. Could I have a bad rear end. The seal on the drivers side, where the halfshaft comes out has been replaced before, could there be some serious damage I don't know about? There is no grinding noise or anything like that. I would appreciate some help.<p>: 95 ///M3 Dinan Chip, Sway Bars, triflo exhaust, BL/SS<p>: Randy<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index