Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Justin
12-08-1998, 08:41 PM
I have a 95 M3, 59k miles. After 1000 mile trip, shifter became '"sticky". A little hard to get into gears, especially first. I took it to the dealer<br>(Century West BMW in Universal City, CA) and they said I needed a new transmission because the problem was "internal". They told me that it was not the synchro though. Since I'm on extended warranty, they had to call in a rep from the warranty company. The problem could not be replicated. I took the car home and it was better but not smooth like it used to be. They told me that they made no adjustments. Also, they told be that there are no Service Bulletins on this problem. Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreiciated...<p>

DCC
12-08-1998, 09:23 PM
Try changing the Trans fluid to a high quality one.<p><p><br>Dan<p><br><i>: I have a 95 M3, 59k miles. After 1000 mile trip, shifter became '"sticky". A little hard to get into gears, especially first. I took it to the dealer<br>: (Century West BMW in Universal City, CA) and they said I needed a new transmission because the problem was "internal". They told me that it was not the synchro though. Since I'm on extended warranty, they had to call in a rep from the warranty company. The problem could not be replicated. I took the car home and it was better but not smooth like it used to be. They told me that they made no adjustments. Also, they told be that there are no Service Bulletins on this problem. Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreiciated...<p></i>

Mark Miller
12-11-1998, 11:49 AM
There's a tech bulletin and a factory fix for some of the sticky transmission problems on this car. I think I saw it in www.bmwmpower.com.<p>I have a 95 that tends to stick in 3rd but I'm out of warranty and not sure I want to crack the transmission open for what in my case is a pretty small problem. <p>Hope this helps.<p><br><i>: I have a 95 M3, 59k miles. After 1000 mile trip, shifter became '"sticky". A little hard to get into gears, especially first. I took it to the dealer<br>: (Century West BMW in Universal City, CA) and they said I needed a new transmission because the problem was "internal". They told me that it was not the synchro though. Since I'm on extended warranty, they had to call in a rep from the warranty company. The problem could not be replicated. I took the car home and it was better but not smooth like it used to be. They told me that they made no adjustments. Also, they told be that there are no Service Bulletins on this problem. Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreiciated...<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index