Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

DCC
12-09-1998, 10:18 PM
Which are the correct part numbers for the PBR Delux brake pads for the 98/99 M3 Coupe?<br>Can somebody with these pads please help me out here?<br>Thanks<p>Daniel

Former PBR User
12-10-1998, 02:43 PM
PBR Deluxe pads will not do justice to an M3. <br>Sure they don't dust, but after two hard stops<br>they fade badly and you better get a drag chute<br>to stop your car.<p>Matt Graham<p><br><i>: Which are the correct part numbers for the PBR Delux brake pads for the 98/99 M3 Coupe?<br>: Can somebody with these pads please help me out here?<br>: Thanks<p>: Daniel<p></i>

m3niko
12-10-1998, 09:18 PM
front: D1131R<br>rear: D1132D<p>Nick<p><i>: Which are the correct part numbers for the PBR Delux brake pads for the 98/99 M3 Coupe?<br>: Can somebody with these pads please help me out here?<br>: Thanks<p>: Daniel<p></i>

DCC
12-10-1998, 09:54 PM
<i>: PBR Deluxe pads will not do justice to an M3. <br>: Sure they don't dust, but after two hard stops<br>: they fade badly and you better get a drag chute<br>: to stop your car.<p>: Matt Graham<p>: <br>: : Which are the correct part numbers for the PBR Delux brake pads for the 98/99 M3 Coupe?<br>: : Can somebody with these pads please help me out here?<br>: : Thanks<p>: : Daniel<p></i>

Former PBR User
12-11-1998, 11:19 AM
I've used MMs also, and they are better suited<br>to hard braking than the Deluxes. I used them<br>at a driving school on an E30. They took all<br>the hard braking I could give them and asked<br>for more. Just two caveats:<p>1. The first couple stops when they are cold<br> ALWAYS gave me the willies, like I was <br> driving on ice. This is a common complaint.<p>2. There are cautionary tales out there about<br> MMs disintegrating after extended HARD use<br> on the track. Apparently an E30 at a driving<br> school doing repeated braking from 110MPH <br> down to 40MPH was not enough to break them,<br> but an M3 is a whole different car.<p>I gave up on the PBRs and went back to stock<br>Textar pads. They have a bigger performance<br>envelope than either PBR pad.<p><p><br><i>: : PBR Deluxe pads will not do justice to an M3. <br>: : Sure they don't dust, but after two hard stops<br>: : they fade badly and you better get a drag chute<br>: : to stop your car.<p>: : Matt Graham<p>: : <br>: : : Which are the correct part numbers for the PBR Delux brake pads for the 98/99 M3 Coupe?<br>: : : Can somebody with these pads please help me out here?<br>: : : Thanks<p>: : : Daniel<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index