Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

John
12-09-1998, 11:26 PM
I have a 95 M3 with 94000 miles on it, and recently, the idling has been acting crazy, especially when I am coming to a stop in neutral, the RPM would go up and down between 400 to 1200... And at the same time, the fuel consumption needle would also rock left to right and right to left...<br>Can someone tell me what the heck is going on????? It only happens when I am COMING to a stop in NEUTRAL... When the car is stopped, the engine idles at a steady 700 RPM. ???<br>Anyone has any ideas???

Ed
12-10-1998, 03:40 PM
<i>: I have a 95 M3 with 94000 miles on it, and recently, the idling has been acting crazy, especially when I am coming to a stop in neutral, the RPM would go up and down between 400 to 1200... And at the same time, the fuel consumption needle would also rock left to right and right to left...<br>: Can someone tell me what the heck is going on????? It only happens when I am COMING to a stop in NEUTRAL... When the car is stopped, the engine idles at a steady 700 RPM. ???<br>: Anyone has any ideas???<p></i>

Eric Nguyen
12-14-1998, 04:52 PM
I have recently experienced similars symptoms....Whn stopping at a light, I notice the RPMs at 1000, within 5-10 seconds, it slowly drops to the correct level of ~600-700. I'm taking the car in for some other service this Friday, I'll keep you posted with the findings...

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index